iOS 7.1 battery

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Defib, Mar 12, 2014.

1. Defib macrumors newbie

Anyone experiencing poor battery life after the recent UG?

2. R.Stoychev macrumors 6502a

R.Stoychev

On what gen iphone, my bettery life on the iphone 5 is the same as on 7.0...

3. Afbar1114 macrumors 6502a

Most likely your using the phone more to try iOS 7.1. Wait a few days and see.

4. jamesgf macrumors member

As I posted in the ios 7 thread, my 5s battery is draining much faster after 7.1. At work I get no signal, but I didn't have to put my phone in airplane mode. It would go from 97% to 80% over a 9 hr day with an hour or so of music use with no signal. Now location services is constantly on, battery drained to 50% just sitting on my desk, using the same settings as 7.0.6. Now it looks like I will have to put it into airplane mode as it is constantly searching for a signal and running location checks that it did not do in 7.0.6.

5. shawndc1 macrumors regular

i have an iphone5 and my battery sucks @$$, seems like i need a pocket charger now

6. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

I have noticed location services are on more often now, but I'm now using the Nike Move app, so that's probably why.

To be honest, I feel like 7.1 may actually improved my battery life, but as long as the battery lasts throughout the day, I don't really pay attention to it.