iOS 7.1 Beta 2 AirDrop

gstevie

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 12, 2009
Glasgow
Hi,

Seem to be having an issue using AirDrop on my devices that have been updated to 7.1 beta 2. Both my iPhone 5s and iPad Air seem to be affected. Both have worked between each other fine before now and with other peoples devices. Tried to use AirDrop today (someone sending me a link) and my devices would not show up on her iPhone 5 (7.0.4). When I looked into it I tried to send stuff to my iPad from my iPhone and each one cannot see the other. The only differential thing I can think of is 7.1 beta 2 (iPad Air and iPhone 5s both beta 2). Anyone else saw this or have ant suggestions how to fix it?

Thanks.

bkends35

macrumors 6502a
Feb 24, 2013
USA
Both my 5s and iPad 4 on 7.1 b2 can see each other and transfer things via airdrop.

gstevie

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 12, 2009
Glasgow
Strange. I wonder what else it could be. Anyone have any ideas what could be the problem?

bkends35

macrumors 6502a
Feb 24, 2013
USA
Strange. I wonder what else it could be. Anyone have any ideas what could be the problem?
Does your Bluetooth work at all? I would check that and if not then do a fresh restore and I would think it should work then.

gstevie

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 12, 2009
Glasgow
Does your Bluetooth work at all? I would check that and if not then do a fresh restore and I would think it should work then.
Bluetooth seems to be working fine. Just connected the iPad to my iPhone by Bluetooth using it as personal hotspot and it seemed to work fine, was able to use the internet fine.

I will try a restore and see where that gets me.

Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.