iOS 7.1 beta 3 app update crash

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by orangems, Jan 8, 2014.

1. orangems macrumors newbie

I updated to beta 3 over the air and everything went smoothly. Then, I went to update the youtube app, during the update process the whole phone crashed and shut down. After it restarted, the youtube icon is missing from my home screen, and it doesn't give me the option to redownload it from the app store. The app store only gives me the option to open it, but when I tap open it just does nothing. Now I have no way to open the app and no way to delete it. Does anyone have a solution that doesn't require restoring the whole phone? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. kendo88, Jan 8, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2014

kendo88 macrumors regular

iOS 7.1 beta 3 app update crash

Similar. Camera+ and spotify have updated. My phone turned off, possible low battery. Comes back on, both apps are missing from my home screens but still appear to be installed on the device. This might become frustrating over the next two weeks waiting for the next beta release

3. kendo88 macrumors regular

Well, I decided to go into the usage settings and delete spotify from there. I then re-downloaded, it then immediately had an update available for it in the store, I updated and then force rebooted the device. Once it came back on, camera+ is also back with all of its date.

I had previously force rebooted to see if they would come back and they didn't. So I'm unsure as to what happened and why they came back after a bit of tinkering

4. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Why dont you just connect to iTunes and remove it from there and sync?

5. orangems thread starter macrumors newbie

Worked for me!!! Thank you so much!! I really hope they work this bug out in future betas.

6. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

Because he deleted it a half hour before you posted? :p