IOS 7.1 Dock and Text Colors changed

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by reundo, Mar 12, 2014.

1. reundo macrumors member

I updated to iOS 7.1 and now my dock color and folder colors are an ugly grey with black text instead of the previous white. I would like to keep Reduce Transparency on, but the only way to get the text colors to change back to white is to turn it off.

Has anyone else run into this issue? Any ideas how to fix it?

Also, whats up with the little zoom animation now when I turn my screen on? It is very annoying. I would think that would be off as I have Reduce Motion turned on.

2. Ann P, Mar 12, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2014

Ann P macrumors 68020

That's probably how it is with Reduce Transparency as it applies to the entire UI. No way around it.

As for the wallpaper, set it again and turn off Perspective Zoom.

3. reundo thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the fast response.

That's what I was afraid of... Apple always likes to ruin things. Reduce Transparency was fine in iOS 7 no reason for them to change it without giving the option to keep it the same as before. I now find it harder to read the text especially when it changes from white to black with the folders.

That seems to be an option only if you have Reduce Motion turned off. The background still has a zoom effect when turning the screen on, even with Perspective Zoom turned off.

It looks like Apple has made plenty of "small" UI changes again without giving the consumer any control over them. This is the biggest annoyance I have with using Apple products.

4. Ann P macrumors 68020

This can be avoided if you custom scale wallpapers to the resolution of the iPhone 4 or 5/5S (1136 x 640), whichever iPhone you're using. It's a hassle. For some reason I thought this update fixed that but apparently not.

http://www.imore.com/having-issues-wallpapers-ios-7-heres-why-and-how-fix-it

5. yoli macrumors member

yoli

It is indeed very very annoying, light grey makes it look like a bug. phey *spit*

Even more annoying that I think it only applies to iPhone 4/4s, because most of the screenshots on the web are dark grey. Which makes me think they want to push iPhone 4/4s users to buy a newer phone, and that is disgusting, moreover Apple is doing it continuously, in fact it's part of their business model.

Everyone who dislikes it, send it in feedback to Apple: http://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html

6. sjtidy macrumors member

It's not just 4/4s, it does the same on my iPad Air too. Looks like it was dark grey in the betas for 7.1 then they changed it to light grey at the last minute.

The dark grey dock was the thing I was looking forward to most out of 7.1, guess we'll just have to live with it unless Apple changes it back.

7. jj03 macrumors member

also i noticed the message, facetime icon is slightly darker than before.

8. Seandroid macrumors regular

That is absolutely, completely, hilariously, ridiculous. The COMPLETELY incomprehensible fraction of people (which you will likely immediately pretend is "TONNES" or "ALMOST EVERYONE YOU KNOW") of people that are using reduce transparency are using it for /accessibility/ reasons in which case more contrast is /better./

And those people are not going to care about what shade of grey their folders are.

I never.

9. reundo thread starter macrumors member

The grey background color isn't the biggest annoyance to me. It's the fact they are using black text with it. It was a lot easier to read the text when it was white with the darker background. It's also harder to read when the text changes colors when you go into a folder. The name of the folder is in white, then when you touch it all the text turns black.

10. AnJarBo macrumors newbie

Can anyone say if this ugly gray dock thing when disabling transparency is still there on iOS 7.1.2?