iOS 7.1 / iOS 8

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Paddle1, Nov 17, 2013.

?

What would you want most in a new version?

1. Optimization and bug fixes.

81 vote(s)
    48.5%
  2. Lots of new features.

54 vote(s)
    32.3%
  3. Design changes.

32 vote(s)
    19.2%
  1. Paddle1, Nov 17, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2013

Paddle1 macrumors 68030

What would you want most in a new version? Vote on the poll.

Edit: Optimization and bug fixes won, iOS 7.1 Beta 1 is focusing on bug fixes.

2. triptolemus macrumors 6502

triptolemus

3. Paddle1 thread starter macrumors 68030

What is wrong with the poll? And what is with the aggression?

4. Squilly macrumors 68020

Squilly

We won't get "lots of new features". It's the rekindling of iOS; a completely new theme and layout. There are still crashes that I get on a consistent basis that I want fixed before 'true' changes come about. Fix the current software in 7.1, then think about iOS 8. I do see Bluetooth LE making its way into a broader market in iOS 8 though.

5. Paddle1 thread starter macrumors 68030

Why are people up voting this? This is a poll about what YOU want most. Not about what Apple will do.

If you're going to come and insult someone for no given reason other then to be rude then just don't.

I think I'm done creating topics like this on this forum, too many people on here are unnecessarily rude.

6. MythicFrost macrumors 68040

MythicFrost

Because they've got nothing else better to do than go and threadcrap. Haha.

You've just gotta politely snipe back and then ignore it. Or just ignore it. I prefer the former. I like to snipe snipers.

To answer your poll...

I want new features and optimisations. Cuz I'm greedy like that. I think we'll get optimisations next though, because that's kind of Apple's cycle. Features, optimisations, features optimisations.

7. kycophpd macrumors 6502a

kycophpd

Click on triptolemus info and you can see under statistics that about 60 of his 80 post are nothing but bashing people. Now when they build a filter for people like him, I will be happy.

8. CB1234 macrumors 6502a

CB1234

If a few words on a screen are upsetting you so much.... mate, then you need to get out a bit more.... you will find people in real world out there are really friendly.... you need a break...

9. mohdamerul macrumors member

I want beach ball same as Mavericks. after all its's for the sake of uniformity. :rolleyes:

10. Virinprew macrumors 6502

Fixes
    1. Fix the occasional freeze and stuttering. (esp. in Safari)
    2. Choose which toggle I want in control center. (Ex. Cellular data)
    3. Shorten the animation. (I find myself tap twice every time)
    4. iCloud map's bookmark. (I don't understand why Apple omits this)
    5. Tap twice on "Wallpapers & Brightness" cause setting app to crash on iPad.
    6. iPhone can't get internet from MacBook via Bluetooth while iPod touch can. (Why?)

Features
    1. True multitasking especially on iPad. (I am not just saying this. The example would be watch Youtube while chatting, browse web while FaceTime, reading with my dictionary of choice)
    2. There is Visual Studio online for Windows app development. So Apple should do something about this. (Ex. Xcode in the cloud, write and run "your" app without paying $99)
    3. How hard it is to have a calculator on iPad?

11. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Hi Paddle1,

I have an open mind and this.

Peoples usage patterns has a bearing on their wants and needs.

I want and need my iPhone to be stable and fluid.

Some of the rest is nice eye candy.

12. frederikolafsen macrumors member

Good timing on this post. 7.1 was just released to the dev center.

13. CreepingDeath macrumors member

14. thedeejay macrumors 65816

thedeejay

RELEASE NOTES:

Hopefully all the bugs we want fixed :)

15. C DM macrumors Westmere

16. typeadam macrumors regular

I'm not an Apple dev so if this sounds wrong, just ignore it, but my vote goes to get rid of that iOS < 7 look especially on the keyboards of some apps.
    I always thought the keyboard was part of the dev framework so any app (new or old) would see an iOS 7 keyboard not an old <7 keyboard...

This will never happen but: let me choose default browser. I hate Safari and I don't plan on using it. Ever.

Touch ID update: If my fingerprint is supposed to be my password, STOP MAKING ME SIGN INTO THE STORE CONSTANTLY by making me type out my password! What's the point?!

Wasted real estate when you open a folder. It's one thing on an iPhone but on the iPad it just looks stupid.

Control Center: let me put what I want there. I use VPN often and screen lock. Would be nice to remove suspend (never use it) and BT (never use it) and have the option to put something else in.

Less important but would be nice: change the word "Calendar" to the current month.
    Live weather icon or temperature badge.

17. C DM macrumors Westmere

Screen lock is already there in the Control Center. Not sure what suspend is though.

There's really no way they would change the app name like Calendar to something dynamic, although they could potentially include the month name at the bottom of the icon itself perhaps, making the actual date just a bit smaller.

Out of curiosity, what makes you "hate" the mobile Safari?

18. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

Well in that case I want a tank. :p

19. Paddle1 thread starter macrumors 68030

I'm not an adult, and I was really hungry when I wrote that. :D It doesn't matter anyway iOS 7.1 Beta 1 is here, this thread can be locked.

20. typeadam macrumors regular

Sorry.. not suspend, I meant DND.
    Screen lock is not in the Control Center. Rotate lock is. And by screen lock I meant auto-lock/screen-off timer/whatever the technical term is.
    The calendar isn't really necessary. Would be nice but doesn't really matter.
    I hate being forced to use it. Not so much the browser itself. I prefer Chrome. I access tabs and other Google data from any of my browsers on any computer (home, work, iPad, etc.) and can open it all on my phone.

21. hrrslmpk macrumors member

iOS 7.1 / iOS 8

Dark and light themes controlled by user/or via ambient light sensor

Option to have Siri ALWAYS on but have it off by default

Fix the severe battery drain issue with iTunes Radio...kinda the only reason I'm still using pandora

Complete control over control centre

Smoother animation transitions system wide

Fix the issue with the video camera being darker than the actual camera function

And please get rid of the missed tab in the NC!!

22. Merkie macrumors 68020

I don't think that's an issue. If you want brighter videos, the framerate would probably go down. It's either smooth videos or bright videos, not both.

23. djtech42 macrumors 65816

djtech42

I really want this! I think it could be really cool if pulled off with the light sensor. Automatic night mode

24. Habakuk macrumors 6502a

Missing on iPad since years: Five (or four) finger "grab" gesture (if multitouch gestures enabled) on any homescreen brings up the first homescreen (no need to press home button).

25. CB1234 macrumors 6502a

CB1234

If you are not an adult, then you should be getting out even more....

good luck with your studies - don't let your grades suffer because of MR. MR can get into your head if you don't watch out...