iOS 7.1 iPad Mini Retina reboot bug possibly?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by SRLMJ23, Mar 13, 2014.

1. SRLMJ23 macrumors 65816

SRLMJ23

So, I installed iOS 7.1 on my iPad Mini Retina and I love it, however, there seems to be one problem.

When I reboot my iPad from a cold start, and start timing from when I see the Apple Logo to when the Screen pops up for my pin number it takes 22 seconds.

Now, I know it never took that long before to reboot from a cold start on iOS 7, so I think there might be a bug with iOS 7.1 regarding reboots.

Unfortunately, I do not have boot times from before 7.1 so I am going with gut on this, but after restarting my iOS devices since iOS 7 was introduced you just get to know how long it takes and I can tell you it is taking longer in iOS 7.1!

And just to add some more evidence, my iPhone 5 on iOS 7.1 takes 31 seconds to boot to the home screen. I know it never took that long on iOS 7.

I urge everyone on iOS 7.1 to test your devices and see what you think?

Maybe my mind is just playing tricks on me, but I do not think so.

Post your findings below, please, and maybe we can figure this out.

Thank you so much for your time! Please respond!

2. beavo451 macrumors 6502

The sky is falling! The sky is falling!

Seriously? :/

3. SRLMJ23 thread starter macrumors 65816

SRLMJ23

I am not saying that at all, but why would an update effect how long it takes a device to boot up?

Some people, like yourself sir, act like little babies on this forum.

I am simply reporting something I found to be an issue.

If you have a problem with it, you should not have even responded to my first post. Grow up.

To some this may not matter at all, to others I bet it matters a lot. We shall see.

God Bless!

4. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

You got another thread in the iPhone forum telling us how it takes so long for your phone to boot after 7.1.:eek:

From what I can see you are the ONLY ONE complaining about this. Maybe that should be a hint:rolleyes:

How often are you rebooting your devices ?:confused:

5. beavo451 macrumors 6502

I have a problem with it because people like you that worry about trivial things cause businesses to develop policies that protect the business, but also hurts the average consumer. See Apple's recent change in their iPhone return policy. Or any company's change from a generous return policy to a more restrictive one.

6. Tork macrumors regular

Tork

To get back on topic...I don't think it feels longer, but I probably only reboot my rMini and iPhone 5 once every few weeks (if that, now that you don't have to turn things off when flying!) so it might be. Could be that it's loading something that fixes some of the issues 7.0 had. I know I've had Mac updates in the past that have fixed things but slowed boot times a bit. Definitely nothing to worry about IMHO if everything else is working fine! I'm sure most people won't notice any increase anyway since most people probably rarely reboot.

7. SRLMJ23 thread starter macrumors 65816

SRLMJ23

Did I ever suggest or even say that this would make me return my device, or encourage other to do that? I do not think so.

So you can go off on your policy issues, but I never said anything about calling Apple and complaining, nor returning my devices, or telling anyone else to do so!

I have never abused Apple’s Return Policy, but I know people who have and it makes me sick. Those are the people that you should be complaining about.

Sorry for causing a huge issue here.

Just close all my threads regarding this issue! Geeze.