iOS 7.1 Jerky Stuttery Scrolling on iPad 3 and 4

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by colinw123, Mar 24, 2014.

1. colinw123 macrumors member

Since IOS7.1 has come out i now experience random jerky scrolling in things like safari, the app store, Mercury web browser. Even in settings as well.

Its like a fast judder effect as you slowly scroll up and down, not good on the eyes. But then can vanish and come back again after some time.

I just got an iPad 4 recently and the same day IOS7.1 came out so i upgraded this and all my other devices.

I thought it was the iPad 4 but when i checked my iPad 3 which i have used non stop since day one i notice this also does it as well now, though it was not as bad as the iPad 4, which was a lot worse.

So i done a fresh restore on the iPad 4 and set it up as a new device. It's a lot better now than it was but still does it.

Anyone else experience this at all ?

2. colinw123 thread starter macrumors member

So i must be the only one with this problem then, on two different iPad's ?

3. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

when you say you did a fresh install, did you still restore from a backup? That may be causing the issue. I think most people are experiencing a lot more fluidity with 7.1

4. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

I noticed some stutters when using my iPad mini yesterday, but I just chalk it up to the A5 being a little on the slow side.

5. colinw123 thread starter macrumors member

Hi there,

No i done a clean install, well i think i did anyway. i reset the iPad 4 and then in itunes i done a shift restore in windows and selected the ipsw file and let it do it's thing. Then after it restarted i set up as a new device.

I am surprised more users on here are not seeing it really ?

If i can video it in action i will post it.

Thanks