Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jkauff

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 4, 2012
Since upgrading to 7.1, the Maps turn-by-turn voice prompts cut in and out in the middle of a sentence, then eventually I lose voice completely. This is happening within a few miles of my house, on roads I regularly travel on. When I approach a new destination, I have to read the prompts off the phone. Not good.

Anyone else experienced this?

liteshow

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2012
Since upgrading to 7.1, the Maps turn-by-turn voice prompts cut in and out in the middle of a sentence, then eventually I lose voice completely. This is happening within a few miles of my house, on roads I regularly travel on. When I approach a new destination, I have to read the prompts off the phone. Not good.

Anyone else experienced this?

Since turn bu turn requires cellular data, are you sure you are not losing data connections during the drive? Does the the problem also happen with google maps?

adnbek

macrumors 68000
Oct 22, 2011
Montreal, Quebec
I'm getting this glitch too. It's related to music playback for some reason. If I let the music play maps works fine. If I turn music off, it also cuts off voice prompts.

big samm

macrumors 68000
Oct 27, 2008
I had the same problem today via bluetooth, each time it would give a voice prompt it would cut off at the end, not finishing the complete sentence. Very annoying if you ask me

adnbek

macrumors 68000
Oct 22, 2011
Montreal, Quebec
Fixed in iOS 8

Bug seems to be fixed for me in iOS 8. Can anyone else confirm?
Of course it has also introduced its fair share of new issues with Bluetooth but that's another matter. :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.