Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jordancrombie92

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 29, 2012
United Kingdom
I'm really hoping they redesign the music app in iOS 7.1

Really needs to go back to the dark theme it had previously and take some design cues from iOS 6.

I've just done a quick redesign based on a mixture of iOS 6 and 7. Here it is:

2ebztaq.jpg

What do you guys think?

Mabus51

Suspended
Aug 16, 2007
I'd be happy if they made the Music app work. At this point I could care less about how ugly it is.

MozMan68

macrumors demi-god
Jun 29, 2010
South Cackalacky
What would be helpful is if you showed a side-by-side of old next to new....

Music app works/looks great for me, so I'm not sure what differences I'm even looking for in your examples.

They look fine, btw....I just usually listen to my music and don't "look" at the app that much.

roadbloc

macrumors G3
Aug 24, 2009
UK
They both look pretty dire. Sorry OP. Sorry Jony. Glad I'm not using iOS if that's what the Music app looks like.

johnnyboy360

macrumors regular
Aug 28, 2010
You know how when you click on albums on the grid view on the desktop iTunes, the tracks and different bits changes colours according to the album colours. That would look nice on the device, no?

Razeus

macrumors 603
Jul 11, 2008
I prefer the way it is now, except for the PINK color. Strange color for a music app. Should be black or some shade of blue.

teknikal90

macrumors 68040
Jan 28, 2008
Vancouver, BC
I just want it to be FUNCTIONALLY better!
like WHY is the fine-scrub line right above the rating section! i have honestly rated more songs in the past month than the past 8 years of me using iTunes...all accidentally!

why are the albums not subdivided in the artist page????
why is there no more coverflow????
why can't I shuffle by genre???

I could care less about colour themes when all of the above aren't fixed.

Cygnus311

macrumors regular
May 6, 2006
like WHY is the fine-scrub line right above the rating section! i have honestly rated more songs in the past month than the past 8 years of me using iTunes...all accidentally!

This. It's far more important to fix the broken Artist > Album thing than anything else. Allow us to remove the artist icons, only a list of albums should be displayed not EVERY single song that I have to scroll through, etc..

me7

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2013

Exactly. Let's worry about looks after the functionality of the app is fixed.

Small White Car

macrumors G4
Aug 29, 2006
Washington DC
iTunes has been white on the Mac for 12 years now. I'm not really sure where this immense hatred of white software has come from these last few months. It never bothered any of us before.

I have some quibbles with the new music app too, but "making it dark" doesn't seem to address any of my complaints.

i5r431

macrumors newbie
Apr 14, 2013
Good effort but even iOS 6 music app and the amateurish apps on Android look better than this.
The stock app is fine.

JobsGang

macrumors regular
Aug 18, 2013
I'm really hoping they redesign the music app in iOS 7.1

Really needs to go back to the dark theme it had previously and take some design cues from iOS 6.

I've just done a quick redesign based on a mixture of iOS 6 and 7. Here it is:

What do you guys think?

Lady gaga is hot.

itismadhan

macrumors member
Sep 25, 2012
I think they should make the player like PocketCasts where it takes the color of the artwork

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.