iOS 7.1 New Features

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Azy, Dec 29, 2013.

1. Azy macrumors regular

Hello all,

I was reading an article the other day alleging that iOS 7.1 Beta 3 has been sent to carriers for testing etc. Obviously this hasn't been sent to developers yet for testing. Are people thinking that apple have included new features for the 7.1 release to the public that they don't want people to know about until its released?

If so what would your predictions be that they will include? Personally I would like to see TouchID integration with passbook as it would be nice to save my passwords but not have them automatically inputted until I have verified my Touch ID.

Or is this simply going to be as seen in the beta's, a much solid release with bug fixes.

Just a bit of fun, before anybody says "chill out only apple knows" i'll make reference to the website name macrumors

peace :)

2. shandyman Suspended

usually partners/carriers get it 1-2 weeks before Devs do, this may be longer currently due to Christmas and new years. you're reading too much into it.

3. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

As far as I'm concerned Apple is done with iOS 7. They are just going to fix bugs and maybe add some minor things. Don't expect some super duper new feature. They are already working on iOS 8.

4. C DM macrumors Westmere

Seems like some new things are being added. Mostly minor but I believe to some some of the features can be quite important. Hard to say at this point that there won't be an iOS 7.2 or something like that with something else new (perhaps even on more noticeable side).

5. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

I guess we wait and see. I would be surprised if there was anything beyond a 7.1.2

6. C DM macrumors Westmere

Certainly a possibility given how iOS 6 and even 5 went. But with this being a larger redesign/rewrite we might get to see more versions. I guess we'll see how it all goes.

7. Thepoobear macrumors 6502

We've probably seen it all by now, just going to get bug fixes and performance enhancements.

I'm happy with iOS 7 if they kill all the stutters and FPS drops.

8. djtech42 macrumors 65816

djtech42

Yeah, graphic performance should be a priority.

9. cynics macrumors G4

I don't see anything new being added to iOS until iOS 8. Maybe some bug fixes that people perceive as a feature lol.

"Apple added this new feature that safari doesn't randomly crash! Yay!"

:)