iOS 7.1 signal strength hack gone?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by richwoodrocket, Apr 16, 2014.

1. richwoodrocket macrumors 68020

richwoodrocket

In iOS 7 there was a way to get the signal bubbles in the top left corner to go to a number. I had this on my iPhone 4 on iOS 7, but can't get It to work on my iPhone 5c on iOS 7.1.

2. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

go into your phone app, type in "*3001#12345#* and tap call

it'll bring you to the field test app

hold the power button and shut down your device
    when you turn your device back on, it'll be the signal numbers

if you ever want to return it to normal, just go into the phone app, enter those numbers and tap call again. it'll bring you to the field test app, just press your home button and everything will revert back to normal

note: this can also be performed on a non-jailbroken device!

3. richwoodrocket thread starter macrumors 68020

richwoodrocket

4. C DM, Apr 17, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2014

C DM macrumors Westmere

After shutting down the phone and turning it back on it seems to come back with just the regular iOS 7 signal dots.

Seems like if you restart (hold lock and home button together for about 5-10 seconds until the phone restarts) rather than shut down (holding just the lock button and using the power off slider) then it works.

5. richwoodrocket thread starter macrumors 68020

richwoodrocket

It worked for me.

Attached Files:

6. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

Yes, that works too. Although I'm not sure why a normal shut down and reboot didn't work for you

Did you try tapping the signal bars? That will toggle between the signal number and signal dots (but the default will be signal numbers)

7. C DM macrumors Westmere

Yeah tried that after the shutdown. For some reason only the restart got it to stay.

8. C DM macrumors Westmere

Yup, resetting (holding the sleep and home buttons together) seems to do the trick. Shutting down (holding the sleep button and then using the power off slider) and then turning the phone back on, doesn't seem to, at least not for me.

9. LostSoul80 macrumors 68020

LostSoul80