iOS 7.1 signal strength hack gone?

richwoodrocket

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 7, 2014
Buffalo, NY
In iOS 7 there was a way to get the signal bubbles in the top left corner to go to a number. I had this on my iPhone 4 on iOS 7, but can't get It to work on my iPhone 5c on iOS 7.1.

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
In iOS 7 there was a way to get the signal bubbles in the top left corner to go to a number. I had this on my iPhone 4 on iOS 7, but can't get It to work on my iPhone 5c on iOS 7.1.
go into your phone app, type in "*3001#12345#* and tap call

it'll bring you to the field test app

hold the power button and shut down your device
when you turn your device back on, it'll be the signal numbers

if you ever want to return it to normal, just go into the phone app, enter those numbers and tap call again. it'll bring you to the field test app, just press your home button and everything will revert back to normal

note: this can also be performed on a non-jailbroken device!

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
go into your phone app, type in "*3001#12345#* and tap call

it'll bring you to the field test app

hold the power button and shut down your device
when you turn your device back on, it'll be the signal numbers

if you ever want to return it to normal, just go into the phone app, enter those numbers and tap call again. it'll bring you to the field test app, just press your home button and everything will revert back to normal

note: this can also be performed on a non-jailbroken device!
After shutting down the phone and turning it back on it seems to come back with just the regular iOS 7 signal dots.

Seems like if you restart (hold lock and home button together for about 5-10 seconds until the phone restarts) rather than shut down (holding just the lock button and using the power off slider) then it works.

Last edited:

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
After shutting down the phone and turning it back on it seems to come back with just the regular iOS 7 signal dots.

Seems like if you restart (hold lock and home button together for about 5-10 seconds until the phone restarts) rather than shut down (holding just the lock button and using the power off slider) then it works.
Yes, that works too. Although I'm not sure why a normal shut down and reboot didn't work for you

Did you try tapping the signal bars? That will toggle between the signal number and signal dots (but the default will be signal numbers)

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Yes, that works too. Although I'm not sure why a normal shut down and reboot didn't work for you

Did you try tapping the signal bars? That will toggle between the signal number and signal dots (but the default will be signal numbers)
Yeah tried that after the shutdown. For some reason only the restart got it to stay.