iOS 7 Activation Error, and won't let me update back to iOS 7.

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by phyllmoore52, Aug 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phyllmoore52, Aug 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2013

phyllmoore52 macrumors newbie

Okay, so I did all the DFU stuff with my iPhone and restored back to iOS 6.1.3, but when I try to update to iOS 2/3, it won't let me. That's what I originally had on my phone and iPad. Anyways, I get this error:
    I don't know if I should try to download a newer beta version or what, but it's super frustrating.
    Also, my iPad is currently stuck at the Activation Error screen and I'm afraid to restore because I still want to back it up somehow. I do have backups, but I just want to see if I can fix my iPhone first before I try DFU w/ my iPad. I supposedly got my UDID registered for $5, but it keeps saying:
    I definitely learned my lesson, but Apple should be more honored that people are trying to get the beautiful iOS 7 by any means! lol.

2. bbfc, Aug 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2013

bbfc macrumors 68030

bbfc

If you are trying to update to iOS 7 Beta 2/3 then you can't as they have expired. You'll need to update to beta 6.

3. batting1000 macrumors 604

Yep. Betas 2 and 3 have expired and you'll just get an error whenever you tried to install them. Try getting the beta 6 .ipsw and updating to it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.