iOS 7 and GOOD Email App

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by cmhsam, Jun 17, 2013.

1. cmhsam macrumors 6502

Has anyone had any success with iOS 7 Beta and the GOOD Email App?

2. mrapplegate macrumors 68030

3. petvas macrumors 601

petvas

No, he means the app from Good Technology.

I can install it and tell you if it's running, but I have no Good mail account to test if it works ok.

Update: I installed Good for enterprise and at least the app starts. Of course it asks me for my mail address and pin, so I cannot check more than that, but it looks good.

4. Shonuff, Jun 17, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2013

Shonuff macrumors member

Yes it works. I performed an upgrade from iOS6 to 7 with the Good app already installed and it has continued to work without any issues that I've seen.

I haven't attempted a new install using a pin on iOS7 so I can't say if there would be issues authenticating the pin or not.

Hope this helps.

5. cmhsam thread starter macrumors 6502

My issue is that it works ok and can launch and can open emails. The issue is that once I leave the app and re-enter the app i cant open emails. I have to reset the app by restarting the phone.

6. Shonuff macrumors member

I just did a few tests. Most times my email opens up instantly but sometimes it takes about 5-8 seconds for the email to open. It shows "loading" at bottom of the screen (had to scroll down) in the email message screen and then it eventually loads. Is this the behavior you are seeing?

7. sdlevi27 macrumors regular

The 5-8 second delay happens routinely on iOS 6.

8. pugnut macrumors 6502a

A few things

I am able to use it, however there are delays and sometimes there are headers are not aligned with the messages. I have an issue with the profiles and the UUID evey now and again.

9. DustinT macrumors 68000

DustinT

Yup, this has been my experience too.. It's working acceptable for my needs.

When I installed it I did have to ask my Good administrator to reset my account and then do a re-install. It's been working fine since then.

10. cmhsam thread starter macrumors 6502

My emails dont even open. The app just sits there. I had to revert back to ios 6 to get around this issue.

11. mrapplegate macrumors 68030

Ah, I misunderstood.

12. pugnut macrumors 6502a

Request for UUID

When you are doing the install are you getting the prompt from GOOD asking permission for access to the UUID ?

13. lsbuffs macrumors regular

Only issue I've had is sometimes when you select an email, it doesn't open up. Shutting down the Good application and restarting has resolved in each case.

14. cmhsam thread starter macrumors 6502

+1. This is my experience as well. Looks like i am not the only one who is dealing with this issue.

15. pugnut macrumors 6502a

Can anyone confirm if they are being asked to allow access to the UUID when installing the app?

16. 1BadMac macrumors 6502

1BadMac

Same here. Sometimes it will go a whole day and work fine. Other times I can view one email fine then the rest won't open and I have to restart.