iOS 7 and Personal Hotspot Question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lsquare, Jan 18, 2014.

1. lsquare macrumors 6502

I no longer have any iOS devices. My last iOS device was the iPhone 5 with iOS 6. The hotspot feature is great as I can share my data connection with another device. The main issue is that after no recent activity, the connection is dropped. I understand why, but it's not something that I wanted. Does anyone here know if Apple have changed how iOS 7 behaves with an unused personal hotspot connection?

2. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

Nope, it's still the same. If you jailbreak, you can keep it active at all times no matter what by purchasing TetherMe for $5

3. lsquare thread starter macrumors 6502

I think that was the same suggestion that was made when I had my iPhone 5. The thing is that I am seriously considering buying the cellular version of the iPad Mini and apparently the battery life is 10+ hours with the screen off and in hotspot mode. I just don't want to turn on the iPad every once in a while to reactivate the hotspot feature because it dropped the connection to save power. For a device like the iPad Mini, battery life is in my opinion a non-issue.

4. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

jailbreaking is, unfortunately, the only method to complete what you want. just be sure to read up and research about jailbreaking and what are the to do and not to do once you jailbreak

and make sure you're within the jailbreak period, if you do decide to go that route

at the moment, there's a jailbreak released but once apple patches it, the next one could be next year in iOS 8 for all we know. or the hackers might decide to release another one after apple patches the current one