iPad IOS 7 App Store really slow

Discussion in 'iPad' started by davyvfr, Sep 18, 2013.

1. davyvfr macrumors regular

Hello,

Is the App Store on iPad really slow for anyone? I am running an iPad 3 16GB and have tried restoring from iTunes, but its still slow on a 50mb connection. It was very fast and normal on iOS 6. My iPhone 5 App Store on iOS 7 is doing great.

Also, does anyone have an issue specifically with iPad 3 when changing the wallpaper? It definitely seems to lag here.

2. Aspasia macrumors 65816

Halfway between the Equator and North Pole
    Patience. The Apple intertubes are clogged because of the iTunes and iOS updates.

I was able to update iTunes earlier this evening on one computer - but on my main rig, it keeps telling me there's no update available. But I know there is.

No big deal to wait a couple days.

3. Crooks macrumors regular

Yep, I have the same issues as both of you. Slow and no updates available. It's ok though, I can wait.

4. TommyA6 macrumors 65816

The App store in iOS 7 is many many times faster (literally) than on iOS 6. Any current slowdowns are due to high traffic (millions and millions downloading iTunes 11.1 and iOS 7). Things will be back to normal in a few days.

5. Chellspecker macrumors newbie

Still having the same problem, possible fix?

Well, it's a couple months later, and I'm still watching the circle go 'round and 'round as I try to download an app on my iPad 2 running iOS 7. Pretty much all the time I get slow slow slow speed on the App Store, and it seems to be getting slower, rather than faster. I found a fix for iOS 6, and though they've changed what they call the settings, it's under Privacy-->Location Services-->System Services. I turned off ones that had recently been used and it seems to help. I guess it's the new way to do business, but tracking customer's usage and browsing and who knows what else, if it's slowing down everything to a crawl, is a feature I can do without. It's becoming increasingly difficult to opt out of having your usage tracked. I don't want my phone to predict what I'd like to buy next if it makes it not work in the meantime.
    http://osxdaily.com/2012/09/28/app-store-slow-in-ios-6-heres-how-to-fix-the-sluggishness/

6. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

Try connecting to a different wifi like go to the apple store. If it is fast it means your router is having problems. Try to restart your router. Unplug and plug in.