Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bmy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 20, 2011
i attempted to jailbreak my iPhone 4 iOS 7.0.3 and got stuck on the boot logo. I read that i should enter dfu mode and restore my iPhone. the problem is that i can't enter dfu mode because my sleep button is broken so i can not force shut down the iPhone, or enter dfu mode. please please help, i really need my phone.

bmy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 20, 2011
thanks for the quick reply but as i said my iPhone is stuck in a boot loop so my iPhone doesn't appear in iTunes.

bo1500000

macrumors newbie
Dec 29, 2013
thanks for the quick reply but as i said my iPhone is stuck in a boot loop so my iPhone doesn't appear in iTunes.

Not sure if this will work...but you can try restore mode (not DFU) this way...

Turn your iPhone off. Next hold your home button down and plug it into iTunes.

ptlage

macrumors newbie
Sep 6, 2011
Belo Horizonte, Brazil
You should be able to enter DFU without using your sleep button, though it is a little bit tricky. You have to wait for your battery to die (while on the boot loop). Then, while holding the home button, connect the iphone to the computer and keep holding the button until the iphone is recognized by itunes (this may take some time as the iphone needs a minimum charge before turning on, and you can't just wait for the apple logo to appear before pressing the home button).

bmy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 20, 2011
You should be able to enter DFU without using your sleep button, though it is a little bit tricky. You have to wait for your battery to die (while on the boot loop). Then, while holding the home button, connect the iphone to the computer and keep holding the button until the iphone is recognized by itunes (this may take some time as the iphone needs a minimum charge before turning on, and you can't just wait for the apple logo to appear before pressing the home button).

i did as you said and indeed entered recovery mode but when i try to restore iTunes says the device isn't eligible for the requested build. i download the ipsw directly from iTunes so its the proper ipsw. i tried editing the hosts file with no success.

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
i did as you said and indeed entered recovery mode but when i try to restore iTunes says the device isn't eligible for the requested build. i download the ipsw directly from iTunes so its the proper ipsw. i tried editing the hosts file with no success.

Where does it lead you when you type in gs.apple.com in your browser web address?

You may want to try manually downloading the correct ipsw for your phone on iOS 7.0.4 and shift + click restore to see if that works

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Or let the phone battery die.
Then have iTunes opened on your computer, keep hold down the home button on the iphone and plug in the usb to your computer.
Keep holding in the home button until iTunes detects the iphone in recovery mode and then it will allow you to restore it. As long as it doesn't have a hardware issue it should restore.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.