iPhone iOS 7 B2 Widescreen camera?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by zerozoneice, Jun 26, 2013.

1. zerozoneice macrumors regular

I keep reading all over the internet that iOS 7 camera supports widescreen photos...where the hell is the setting, if there is one, because normal photos (not the "square" ones) are still 4:3?

Thx in advance!

2. gforce216 macrumors 6502a

No widescreen photos. The camera sensors in the iPad and iPhone do not have the ability to shoot in 16:9. You can take a photo then go to Edit and Constrain to make it 16:9. I do that with some shots.

3. zerozoneice thread starter macrumors regular

they don't have the ability to shoot full-frame 16:9 most likely but that doesn't mean you can't shoot 16:9 cropped resolution with a 4:3 sensor

other brands are doing it for ages.

how come widescreen camera is being boasted as an iOS 7 feature all over the reviews?

i.e

"The camera is overhauled to include video, a new square camera, panorama, widescreen camera, and also has new photo filters."
    http://lifehacker.com/all-the-new-stuff-in-ios-7-512339961

4. filmfanatic24 macrumors 6502

5. zerozoneice thread starter macrumors regular

that is also my best bet.
    hope someone with dev account can relay this on the official dev forums or even better, check if beta 2 code contains any indication of a 16:9 ratio for photos.

6. zerozoneice thread starter macrumors regular

on the other hand none of the official Apple info states widescreen photos.
    this "feature" is boasted only by independent review sites....based on what, ffs?

7. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

you can take widescreen photos whilst shooting video in the camera app

8. goinskiing macrumors 6502a

goinskiing

Same Question

I know you could have a cropped 16:9 wide picture mode in iOS 6 on the iPhone 5. I know it'll do it in video mode though at a lower resolution. On iOS 7 however, this option does not seem to be there. I think they just either forgot about the feature or took it out or maybe planning on bringing it back in a future update.