iOS 7,b6 - multitasking fails.

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by lyricthejoe, Sep 4, 2013.

1. lyricthejoe, Sep 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2013

lyricthejoe macrumors member

lyricthejoe

On both iPad Mini and iPhone 4S, as well as iPhone 5, multitasking function doesn't seem to recall its place in an app that it had just been deviated from. Most notable in content streaming apps such the default Music app, Netflix, Spotify etc. Is anyone else experiencing this? I'm surprised that this iteration of iOS 7, albeit a beta, is still this buggy this late in the game.

2. ionjohn macrumors 65816

ionjohn

Apps haven't been updated to use iOS7 features.

3. Jakimo macrumors 6502

Apps will need to be updated as well. I'm surprised that you're surprised!

4. bbfc, Sep 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2013

bbfc macrumors 68030

bbfc

Clearly you're not a developer. Apps need to be updated.

5. lyricthejoe thread starter macrumors member

lyricthejoe

That doesn't matter. I asked a friendly question in hopes for a friendly answer. Clearly I came to the wrong place. Is there really any reason to be catty on here? It if we're necessary to be a dev to install iOS 7, then I wouldn't be using it right now. I have no malicious intent, just blatant excitement and fascination. I think it's awful the way you people shoot others down and belittle them. Won't be posting on this forum again.:confused:

6. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

He's not shooting you down. Technically, the only way to legally obtain iOS 7 betas is if you are a developer. Also, it is a beta and apps haven't been updated. It's just common sense that there will be issues until apps have been updated.

Definitely not trying to be mean or rude. Just saying.

7. C DM macrumors Westmere

Is getting back to where you left off in an app using the recent apps/multitasking function something that would require an update of the apps? Isn't that an available feature in the existing recent app/multitasking functionality even in iOS 6 and before? Or are we talking about something else and newer here (which would require something specific that is new in iOS 7)?

8. ionjohn macrumors 65816

ionjohn

I'm not a developer but you need to understand that when a new os comes out, devs need to make their apps fully compatible with it. Sometimes, apps will work flawlessly without having to do much but some other times, apps completely fail to work. Like Twitter on my iPhone, I couldn't even use it. Why? I don't know but devs can't send their updated apps (tested for iOS 7) until iOS 7 is officially available.

9. C DM macrumors Westmere

That's definitely understandable. It just seemed that the implication was that there were new features in iOS 7 that the apps had to update to in order for them to properly multitask simply the way they did before vs. it being some sort of a beta/bug type of thing and/or an incompatibility thing.

10. bbfc macrumors 68030

bbfc

I wasn't being catty, I was just stating a fact.

You should be a dev to install the beta - that's why you downloaded from other sources, rather than the dev center.

You were complaining about a feature on a beta release of an OS and moaning about it as though it was a released version. That's what I was getting at.

Most of these issues will be fixed in the beta.

11. lyricthejoe thread starter macrumors member

lyricthejoe

Well aren't you smart?!

12. ajay96 macrumors 6502

Must of the people here are non devs and they know that apps have not been optimized yet. I think you're being rude now.

13. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

I'm not 100% certain about the technical side of this, but it seems from the WWDC announcement and my time with iOS7 that multitasking works a bit differently in iOS7 (live previews of the screen was not possible in previous implementation). But regardless, going from iOS5 to 6 was not as big a change as from 6 to 7, so I think overall all apps needs some level of optimization (as seen by apps being updated for compatibility with iOS7 now which means they're not using any iOS7 API's but still need some attention to play nice with iOS7).

You were complaining about people not being friendly here but now you're doing the same thing. Don't expect to get much sympathy when you're typing with angry faces :mad: and such, talking about a BETA. As said here before a bunch of times, different betas get optimized for different areas. Just because we're in beta 6 it doesn't mean that everything should work better. Multi-tasking just may have not been one of the focus areas in this beta.
    If you still have these issues after the public release then by all means get all upset about it (is it really worth getting so upset over this?).

14. martinocando macrumors regular

martinocando

Couple of questions to you:

1. Did you downloaded the OS from Apple Developer's center, or from a 3rd party website or torrent, or given away by a friend or from a stranger for a small fee?
    2. Is your phone's UDID registered as a Developer Phone?

Answering that will answer all your questions.

15. lyricthejoe thread starter macrumors member

lyricthejoe

App optimization wasn't something I'd considered - this is all just a hobby of mine and I felt that I was instantly met with criticism for not being a dev. All I ask is that my questions be answered without other users automatically criticising or resorting to saying things like: clearly you're not a developer". It's uncalled for, and quite frankly petty.

Thank you for giving me some things to chew on. The idea of app optimization is not a term or thing that I've heard in all of my beta experimentations. I apologize for feeding fire with fire and appreciate any valuable responses I've received in this thread thus far.

:apple: