iOS 7 Backup

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Hexiii, Jun 15, 2013.

1. Hexiii macrumors 65816

Hexiii

Before I installed iOS 7 beta, I (at least I think) backed up the iPhone, but now for whichever reason, the backup is not there.

I installed the iOS 7 beta just to try it, but since it's in beta, it lags a bit on the iPhone 4S, therefore I decided to go back to iOS 6. So I restored the iOS, but ouch - I couldn't install the backup from iOS 7 because it didn't work for iOS 6 and the backup from before was not there and I was left with empty iPhone.

So I installed the iOS 7 beta again and managed to get the data (contacts, emails, messages and photos) back. However I am now stuck on the iOS 7 beta, because if I make a backup and go back to iOS 6, it won't work.

Anybody has any ideas to transfer the data to iOS 6?

Thank you in advance.

2. dave8209 macrumors member

dave8209

I know how you feel, this happened to me last with the iOS 6 beta. For me what worked is I synced my contacts and calendars to icloud. Email shouldn't be a problem since it is on a server. For photos and videos just sync them to iPhoto. That should work for the basic stuff but for apps you could probably use one of those iTunes back up explorers to extract the app data if it works.
    hope it helps!

3. Hexiii thread starter macrumors 65816

Hexiii

Well, the apps aren't problem, since I have them in iTunes.

Hmm.. thank you for advice, the only thing left are messages, can I sync them to iCould too?

4. dave8209 macrumors member

dave8209

If you use your phone number for iMessage on your other Apple devices then your iMessages should be backed on those devices but You cannot get them back on your phone. Unfortunately you can not get the text messages back either.

5. Hexiii thread starter macrumors 65816

Hexiii

Well.. I could theoretically also stick with the beta...

6. manibby93 macrumors newbie

HOW CAN I GET MY MESSAGES, PHOTOS, ETC BACK W/ ios7 BETA 1??

I downloaded the Wondershare Dr.Fone iTunes Backup application and I saved my backup, but how do I actually get it onto my phone? I don't think I can backup from ios6 because I think it'll erase the ios7, right? Well, I backed it up before I downloaded ios7, I just need to get my stuff back. I used CopyTrans and got back like 20 messages, but I thought Wondershare was supposed to take care of that, but all I see is recovering the files, not importing them to my phone. :confused: Help??? How can I easily import them??

7. Kackei macrumors newbie

You should try iphonebackupextractor free edition.

To move photos, videos back to your iPhone, you need to use iTunes to sync again.