Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Greenman85

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 16, 2009
So in the release today, the lock screen automatically brings up the iPod controls when a song is playing but I have some issues with this:

1. In this mode, I can't see the time. They need to put it at the very top, like it is while the phone is unlocked and being used
2. The double tap is gone, so when I pause a song and then turn my screen off, from that point forward I can't just double tap it again and hit play to resume the song right from the lockscreen. To restart the song, I will now have to unlock the phone, go into the music app, go to now playing, and then hit play.

Hopefully these issues are addressed in future betas.

Last edited:

BigMar89

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2013
Seattle, WA
yeah i dont like that there is no sort of Time display with the lock screen music controls... as for playing music randomly have you tried using Control Panel?

Greenman85

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 16, 2009
yeah i dont like that there is no sort of Time display with the lock screen music controls... as for playing music randomly have you tried using Control Panel?

Ah , I can from there. Didn't even realize that. So used to the double tap from iOS 6! Maybe they should give us both options when re-engaging the lock screen?

Also, if you disable access to the control center from the lock screen, it should revert back to the double tap method, so people have the option to re-start the song from the lock screen. I just tested it and if control center is turned off you would have to go all the way into the iPod app to re-start the song.

toxxicc

macrumors newbie
Jun 25, 2013
Control Center

You can easy tur back on the Music by sliding up the ControlCenter an press play...

I'm sorry for my English :p

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Control Center is certainly useful in that respect, but if you disable it from being accessible on the lockscreen (since it provides access to quite a bit more than just music controls) then it seems like you'd lose even the basic music controls, which should really still be there whether or not you have Control Center enabled (or at least certainly when you don't have it enabled).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.