IOS 7 Beta 2 OTA Failing (block and loop)

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Be., Jul 1, 2013.

1. Be. macrumors newbie

I just triggered an OTA update from Beta 1 to Beta 2 and it unfortunately goes into a loop. The progress bar stays stuck at the beginning, then the phone seems to reboot and retry to the same results.

Hard reset, DFU, ... nothing will actually bring back the phone, it keeps entering the update and the never ending loop. That's the first time of my life I wish I could remove my iPhone battery (without an engineering degree I mean).

Anyone with an idea on what to try next that is not about buying a new phone ?

2. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Silly question but I'm going to ask it anyway. Did you plug it into the PC, open itunes THEN go into DFU mode? Does itunes not detect "an iphone in restore mode" ?

3. Le Chiffre macrumors newbie

Yeah this is a known problem when upgrading to beta 2. Only solution is to downgrade back to beta 1, restore your backup then reset settings, disable find my iPhone and upgrade back to beta 2.

Theres something in the settings causing problems.

4. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Or you can just download the entire Beta 2 as a stand alone install. That's what I did.

5. Be. thread starter macrumors newbie

Not silly, it is a question and I do welcome anything that might help ... unfortunately I did and iTunes does not detect anything.

----------

I read that somewhere indeed but it's too late, I can't downgrade or do anything right now because I cannot stop this loop and consequently I don't get "access" to the phone because iTunes does not see it.

----------

My last idea: let the battery die and see if anything's different after but I'm not optimistic.

6. mreddys10 macrumors regular

I had the exact same issue. It kept getting stuck at the beginning of the progress bar. Even letting it run out of battery, and recharging did not solve it. I did however manage to put the phone into 'recovery mode' by switching it off using both home and power button (not holding any button once it shuts off), and connecting to my computer while pressing the home button. Then I did a clean install of beta 2. Hope this helps

7. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

I would definately try what he is saying ^^^^^^^

8. BlankStar macrumors regular

And the 8th time I post this solution. Search the forum before posting a new topic...

- Get to the latest 6.1.X for your device with all apps and settings in tact.
    - make a back-up
    - update to 7.0b1 (I repeat update as in: not restore)
    - on the iDevice go to settings > General and reset the settings. (not data; just settings)
    This will NOT reset the settings of your apps, just the iPhone settings like the wallpaper and ringtones, etc.
    - turn off "Find my iPhone"
    - update to 7.0b2 OTA or update via iTunes

All done