iOS 7 Beta 2 running on iPad 2

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by thebrocode, Jun 25, 2013.

1. thebrocode macrumors regular

I'm afraid to ask this because it couldn't work properly on iOS 6 but how does it work on iOS 7? And I saw this article on Tech Crunch saying iPad 2 has Siri now but I'm sure it's a huge redaction fail. Can you guys verify this?

2. Saberon macrumors 6502a

3. thebrocode thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks! Better or worse than iOS 6?

4. Kuwait macrumors member

Kuwait

i install iOS 7 on my iPad mini every 1 min restart that annoying i can not use it :mad::mad::mad:

5. Quercus Alba macrumors member

I have it on my iPad 2. Works fine. iOS 7 as a whole works so much better on a tablet than on an iPhone.

I expect final performance to be just as good as iOS 6.

6. thebrocode thread starter macrumors regular

The thing is I find the performance of iPad 2 on iOS 6 awful. Even iPhone 4 was working better IMO :D

7. FatPuppy macrumors 68000

FatPuppy

Really? my ipad 3 kicks ass on ios 6, try a full restore.

8. thedeejay macrumors 65816

thedeejay

To be honest the iPad 2 is starting to show it's age with iOS 7. iOS 6 was working smooth for me - I've had iOS 7 for less than a day but I can definitely tell it's not going to be as smooth as iOS 6. Don't forget we're all running a beta, so what I said could be incorrect and it could possibly be the same as if not better than iOS 6. I think it should possibly be on par if not better than iOS 6 if they're deciding to support A5 devices.

9. thebrocode thread starter macrumors regular

But iPad 2 and iPad 3 are so different from each other. It makes sense that it works well on iPad 3, it's the next gen iPad :D

10. gomoq13 macrumors 6502

gomoq13

That's really bad. Have you tried 'Restore All Settings'? I got iOS 7 beta 2 on my iPad 3. It resprings like twice a day so far.

11. FatPuppy macrumors 68000

FatPuppy

Yeah but in banchmarks they are the same and the ipad 3 has also twice the resolution of ipad 2 and that makes them run pretty much the same. ios 7 laggs on my 3 too.

12. Quercus Alba macrumors member

iPad 2 and iPad 3 are the same except the iPad 3 has a lot more graphics power. General performance on the two is very similar.

I'm typing on my iPad 2 right now and performance is great! I have an iPhone 5 too and I never think my iPad feels slow in comparison.

13. Kuwait macrumors member

Kuwait

i do Restore All Settings that not fix it :mad::mad::mad: not my mini iPad only and 3 my friend have this problem in beta