I've had massive amounts of problems with Beta 3 and today it just hit rock bottom. On Wednesday when i first updated it crashed and the screen was black, so i had to wait for the battery to die before i could get it working again. Today it died but now it won't respond at all. I can't use my power button because it hasn't been working for months. Nothing seems to work. I need a solution fast.
Take a wall-charger, like the iPad one. No a USB based connection, power only.
Connect the dock connector to the phone. Leave the phone side connected all the time.
1) Gently push the charger into the power outlet, just "dip" it into the socket.
2) Do that a few times quickly.
3) Leave the charger connected for 5 minutes.
4) "Click" the power button.
5) If you see a red flash inside an empty battery symbol, leave the phone connected. Don't touch it.
6) If nothing happens be patient
. Go to step one.
Background: Wall chargers generate a voltage spike when inserted into the power outlet. This will trick the phones battery circuit to start charging again.
Right now, your deeply discharged battery will not even start charging because the charging circuit will prevent that.