iPhone iOS 7 beta 3 Charging and syncing problem

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by miguelpm97, Jul 28, 2013.

1. miguelpm97 macrumors newbie

Hi everyone! First at all: sorry for my bad english.

I have an iPhone 5, and I decided to update it to iOS 7 BETA 3.

Everything was going fine, when i plug it the lightning cable, an error shows every time, saying that was a 3rd party cable etc etc. I souposse all you know this error.

But suddenly, it stopped charging. When I plug it in my computer, doesnt recognize my iPhone (not iTunes, Windows!). I cant even downgrade to iOS 6.1.4... I tried DFU mode and nothing happens when I plug it in. Only an error shows up: "Windows cant recognize this USB device", or something like that.

The only way i have to charge it is shutting down the iphone plugged in. While it is shutted down is charging...

I dont wanna buy an official cable, but i guess i'll have to.

Anyone has a solution?

Thanks for your attention.

2. Armada78 macrumors newbie

Armada78

you've already mentioned the problem. change the cable and you're most probably not seeing those errors anymore.

3. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

Unbelievable. You posted the problem and answer.

4. Cscottrun macrumors 6502

I've had this problem as well, using multiple official cables. The phone doesn't respond after I plug the cable in but after pulling out and reinserting a couple of times (insert sexual joke), it usually kicks back in and starts to work.

5. Harrycooke macrumors 6502

Harrycooke

Well you could just take the cable in the Apple Store and ask for a new one. It's clearly less than a year old.