iOS 7 Beta 3 losing my music?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Mazda 3s, Jul 13, 2013.

1. Mazda 3s, Jul 13, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2013

Mazda 3s macrumors 6502

Mazda 3s

I have roughly 19 gigs of music installed on my iPhone 5. However, on two occasions, nearly all of my music has been deleted -- this without even being hooked to my computer to sync.

Yesterday, I was playing music just fine. This morning, all but 14 songs are gone. The albums/artists/tracks still show up in the Music app, but they don't play.

My iPhone shows that I have 14 songs and the reclaimed free space to account for them.

2. mrapplegate macrumors 68030

Make sure to file a bug report.

3. Mazda 3s thread starter macrumors 6502

Mazda 3s

Most definitely, but it's just a weird bug. And I can't find anyone else that seems to have the problem.

4. mrapplegate macrumors 68030

I have not read about others either. Very weird.

5. Orac007 macrumors newbie

I have the same problem. Every song but one deleted. That one song was purchased from iTunes when they still had DRM in place.

6. Mazda 3s thread starter macrumors 6502

Mazda 3s

That narrows it down. The 14 songs that still play for me are some free iTunes sampler of Christmas songs. Everything else is from my own personal MP3 library.

7. Chazz08 macrumors 6502

That happened to me with all my purchased music. Even the stuff I bought just last month. Weird. It also won't let my ringtones I bought from iTunes play on my iPhone. They show up in iTunes as being on my iPhone, but they don't show up under sounds. Weird again.

8. andrewsjra macrumors regular

I don't know about losing music by a lot of my artist lists are duplicated and have some songs split from an album. I'm using iTunes Match so it's probably a glitch.

9. otismotive77 macrumors 6502

same issue here, only 3 songs left out of about 1500 songs, i wish apple solves this bug ASAP, really frustrating.

10. Joined:
    Jul 1, 2007
    Yep, experienced this issue this morning with beta 3. Went to play and every song was deleted but still showed up in my music app.

11. FrancoisC macrumors 6502

FrancoisC

Same issue here.

iTunes match work great, but syncing actual music on the device it get deleted here also.

12. MaxMike macrumors 6502

Happened to me too I think on Betas 2 and 3. I don't have that big of a library, but 2500 songs that have to be converted to 128kbps on the fly when syncing takes some time to transfer. I've gone back to 6.1.4 for now but maybe I'll give Beta 4 a try when it gets released to see if it gets resolved (and obviously if there are any new features I wanna try out :p).

13. Mazda 3s thread starter macrumors 6502

Mazda 3s

Well, glad it's not just me. Hopefully things get ironed out in B4

14. Lyssophove macrumors newbie

Do a hard reboot on the phone, iTunes will sync fine.

15. CalWizrd Suspended

CalWizrd

That's odd. It happened to me with beta 2 (about 400 songs that had been purchased just disappeared), but they magically came back after I installed beta 3.

Maybe yours will come back with beta 4!

16. kamalaggi macrumors member

I have same problem

Everytime I copy a song to my phone all my songs get deleted and start syncing again.

This is starting to really annoy me.

17. bankshot macrumors 65816

bankshot

I've had this happen 2 or 3 times now with beta 3. Each time, it appeared to be related to a failed (timed out) sync with iTunes. But maybe that's just coincidence, since sync seems to fail a lot for me.

Each time, sometime after the failed sync, I resumed playing where I last left off, but song/artist/album and artwork were all blank in the display. That song would finish playing properly (so the audio data was there, somewhere) and then it would stop.

One time all songs were gone. This latest time, exactly one song remained in my library (not the one that had been playing last). :rolleyes:

It's been a pain since it takes several hours to sync all 7200 songs (I convert to 192kbps to make them all fit, and stupid iTunes doesn't save a cache of those conversions). I even resorted to trying iTunes Radio last time it happened... somewhat promising but definitely a beta. I got more repeats than the regular radio! :eek:

18. ErikGrim macrumors 68040

ErikGrim

Had the same issue after an iTunes sync. Very odd.

19. w0mbat, Jul 19, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2013

w0mbat macrumors newbie

I've had this problem twice, once on Beta 2, the last time earlier this week on Beta 3.

It only happens for me when syncing with my macbook and it may be down to me interrupting the sync or copying video files over at the same time as doing a sync. I've started being very careful about making sure the sync is done before i disconnect the phone!

20. becomingwater macrumors member

becomingwater

Music on iOS 7

I use my iPhone and connect it through USB to my Nissan Juke. It works great, but sometimes it doesn't recognize the iPhone. I know it's from iOS 7. the crazy thing I had one time so far was when I connected to my iTunes it stated that I had 47 Gigs of music which I did. When I checked on my phone going to the usage tab it displayed everything backwards. I had 42 gigs of space available and 12 gigs used. Even resetting it would never display it correctly. Also when making a playlist and selecting music it's still flickers the whole screen. I know its beta and I ma sure it will get fixed. I would also lose music in iOS 6x too, but only when I synced it to iTunes.

----------

BTW I use iCloud so I think that has a little to do with it.

21. benji888 macrumors 65816

benji888

I've had issues w/syncing (via MacBook Pro). The first time I synced w/iOS 7 (I started w/beta 2), it was taking very long time to put my music on, so I stopped it. It seemed like it kept starting over, until I let it finish it out, power cycle phone, quit iTunes (I sync on computer), disconnect, sync again, it had more songs, did this process again and it's been mostly fine since. One time after this, sometime after updating to beta 3, it seemed to forget many of my songs and was putting them back on, I let it finish, power cycle phone, then it was fine.

I do recall at one point it seemed none of my music was on the iPhone.

(iPhone 5 16GB/AT&T A1428 model)

22. benji888 macrumors 65816

benji888

Correction: not really ok after all. Since posting this I was trying to find certain songs, but they appear not to be there, and yet, some songs have duplicates, and the recents are not the same as the recents in iTunes on computer like they used to be (in iOS 6). There does not appear to be any rhyme or reason for the songs that are or are not on the phone. So, all in all, kinda buggy at this point.

All my music is intact on my computer, but, (in iTunes) I may try to turn syncing off for music, delete it all off phone, disconnect & power cycle phone, then try syncing music again, see what happens. I'll post results once I do this.

23. hazuki macrumors regular

it deleted all my songs whenever i connected my phone to iTunes
    so i have to resync again all of my songs :mad:

iPhone 4 iOS7 beta 3