iOS 7 Beta 3 Missing All Calls

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by DrJOnes666, Jul 16, 2013.

1. DrJOnes666 macrumors newbie

How many of you guys experience this problem?
    ALL of my incoming calls are aborted as soon as I slide to answer. And when I do slide to answer, I start to hear a weird "data sound" coming out of the speaker phone.

iphone4s
    FIDO network (Montreal)

I read that this seems to be a problem being investigated at the moment. but I wonder if any of you experienced this, and most of all, if anyone found a temporary fix?

I tried, to no avail:
    - iphone reboot.
    - resetting the network settings.
    - re-install of Beta 3.

Cheers!

2. firstapple macrumors 6502a

firstapple

3. mrapplegate macrumors 68030

A very crippling issue. Where did you read about it?

4. Jakimo macrumors 6502

I had lots of missed calls when headset was pugged in, with beta 2. Beta 3 is much better for me.

5. DrJOnes666 thread starter macrumors newbie

6. Stuke00 macrumors 68000

Same here, I had to remove it and go back to iOS 6. When I tried to call my phone, it just went to voicemail.

7. mrapplegate macrumors 68030

8. sbursik macrumors newbie

I have been experiencing the same thing as late as this morning with my iPhone 5. I called my iPhone from work and nothing happened. No missed call, no ringing. I then called my work number from my iPhone and the call went through, then called my iPhone back from work and the call came in. My wife has called me several times and it never rang on my end. Since this is a "silent killer" I wonder how many people have this issue and don't know it. I am on Verizon BTW, just in case this a carrier specific thing.

9. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I've said and held strong that resetting network settings worked for me the first time. I was running fine for a week until I miss another call. I had received them prior to that (after resetting network settings). I reset the network settings again and missed another call. Next day, did it again and received calls. I'm on my 3rd day out since resetting the network settings and just received a call this morning and about 3 yesterday. It is touch and go. Hopefully this will be fixed in Beta 4.

10. DrJOnes666 thread starter macrumors newbie

Where can I report this bug to the developers?

11. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

It's getting really bad for me. My fiancee has to keep texting me to tell me she called me twice, when I got no indication that I had been called. Just reset network settings, hoping it helps.

12. mrapplegate macrumors 68030

If you're a developer you can log in here and submit the report.

13. Parise macrumors 6502a

Parise

The only indications I get are "Missed Call" or "Voicemail".

I'm on Sprint down here in Orlando.

14. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

I don't even get a missed call notification. I rarely get voicemails, but when I do it's the only indication that I missed that call. If they don't leave a voicemail, I have no idea that someone called. I may be missing many more calls, but my fiancee obviously needs to get in touch with me so she'll always text me if I don't answer, especially now that she knows I'm having this problem.

I'm on Verizon.

15. C DM macrumors Westmere

You might want to give Google Voice or YouMail a try as your voicemail replacement, at least for now while you are on beta 3 where this issue exists. With either one of those services, just for your voicemail replacement, you can also get a missed call alert--basically if someone gets to your voicemail but hangs up right away not leaving a voicemail--so that at least you will be notified of even missed calls that don't seem to show up on the phone.

16. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

Had the same problem after upgrading to beta 3. I'm on Verizon and would miss like half my calls. No indication I received a call unless the caller left a voicemail. Downgraded back to 6 until this isn't an issue anymore. I miss iOS 7 already, but what can you do.

17. bootman42 macrumors newbie

Found a fix. Block and unblock the person you want to get calls from. Clunky and time consuming, but I unblocked my favorites. Should get me through to beta 4.

18. GiantsLi macrumors newbie

I think apples trying to make the phone more interesting with more options and thanks for the tip

19. jredecop macrumors 6502a

This still seem to be a fix?

20. C DM macrumors Westmere

Unfortunately doesn't seem to work, at least not long term.

21. nickmaine, Jul 22, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2013

nickmaine macrumors newbie

VZW & Beta 3

I'm consistent from what I read above. I wanted to chime in, I'm Verizon and Beta 3 on iPhone 4S and miss all incoming calls with no notification, I only get voice mail notifications. The only person who doesn't get this behavior is my girlfriend, but not always.

22. ericdmann macrumors newbie

Me too

Issue here as well. Haven't found a fix. Submitted to Apple.

23. iapplelove macrumors 68040

iapplelove

I kept the beta running on my iPad but reverted back to iOS 6 on my phone. It's my only phone and I was missing work calls left and right lol. I didn't care but it was pissing everyone else off . And they wouldn't understand if I told them I'm running beta iPhone software

24. jehartley macrumors member

Is this happening to anyone on AT&T? I haven't missed any calls or texts yet. Weird how the same software does odd things on these phones.

25. C DM macrumors Westmere

Well, it's certainly not the same as far as carrier parts of the software are concerned. Plus, the hardware is actually somewhat different between AT&T phones and those for Verizon and Sprint, for example.