iOS 7 Beta 4 3rd Party Lightning Cables

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by wazman21, Aug 4, 2013.

1. wazman21 macrumors newbie

I noticed yesterday when I went to sync my iPhone 5 running iOS7b4 that a third party cable I have for a spare (go eBay) no longer worked to charge or sync the phone - from a wall charger OR an iMac. All I got was the "Accessory not Supported" type message on screen.

Previously, that message appeared, but the cable still functioned for charging and iTunes syncing.

Is anyone else having the same experience with a third party cable, and is this the reason I'm seeing so many cables "on sale" from online sales sites?

2. toffa813 macrumors regular

Mine still works. You had me worried there for a second before I tried it.

3. Jonnyfive macrumors regular

4. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

Mine still work (although I do get that stupid message)

5. wazman21 thread starter macrumors newbie

Good to hear others are having more success - I'm much happier that my $3 cable is faulty than Apple going extreme to limit the use of third party cables - hack potential aside, forcing me to buy $30 cables that can be bought for $3 would make me pretty angry.

6. Spidious macrumors newbie

Mine still works. I have three cheap ones to recharge. But use the apple one to connect to my laptop.

7. bad03xtreme macrumors 6502a

bad03xtreme

Mine only works certain times, I have to eject it and reconnect it multiple times to get it to charge at times. It's very frustrating to say the least. :mad:

8. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

My 3rd party cable that I picked up at Duane Reed gives me no errors. I don't recall if I had iOS 7 when I went back to Texas and used by 3rd party car charger in my car.