iOS 7 Beta 4 and iTunes 11.1 Beta

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by CKohkah, Jul 29, 2013.

1. CKohkah macrumors 6502

I heard that to do an IPSW install of Beta 4 you need iTunes 11.1 beta 1 installed. Does anyone know if this is true?

2. Advil macrumors 6502a

3. Calvinosaurus macrumors member

Calvinosaurus

I had to install iTunes 11.1b1 in order to install iOS7 Beta 4 via IPSW...using the previous version of iTunes constantly resulted in an Error 3000 when I tried. As soon as I installed the iTunes beta it worked without a hitch.

4. CKohkah thread starter macrumors 6502

You are on a Mac, correct?

I'm wondering since there is no Windows iTunes 11.1 if it'll cause the same problem on a windows iTunes 11.

5. Calvinosaurus macrumors member

Calvinosaurus

Yeah I'm using a Mac...I wouldn't know if it'll affect Windows users or not.

6. Gjwilly macrumors 68030

I doubt it.
    If that were true there would probably be a Windows version of the iTunes beta and there isn't.
    Can't have all the Windows owners suddenly locked out of their iDevices.....
    Very bad mojo.
    :D

7. DDustiNN macrumors 65816

DDustiNN

I did not install the new beta iTunes 11.1 (I am still on 11.0.4), and I was able to install iOS 7 beta 4 via ipsw just fine.

I used the option-update method, as it's the fastest and easiest way. I have had no issues at all so far. The "clean install" myth is just silly.

8. CKohkah thread starter macrumors 6502

Are you on Windows?

9. Calvinosaurus macrumors member

Calvinosaurus

FWIW I tried option+restore instead of option+update, as I wanted to do a clean install, and thats when I kept getting the error.

10. Jakimo macrumors 6502

It may not be needed anymore, but I did extensive testing with beta 1 the day it arrived...

I had many issues that nothing helped out with (including Reset all settings), that were all resolved by finally doing a clean install.

It certainly wasn't a myth, nor is it silly when a clean install worked out so well to help me and many others on the forum. :)

11. DDustiNN macrumors 65816

DDustiNN

I used my Mac for the update.

I thought that may be the case, so that's why I specified, haha.

Yeah, beta 1 was pretty terrible. The rest of the updates I did OTA or option-update via iTunes and everything has been fine though. People tend to make it sound like if you don't do a clean install, you're going to have tons of issues, and that's just plain not the case. I think many people should try updates first, just so they don't have to go through the hassle of restoring backups, or reinstalling all of their apps, etc... Then if they do have issues they can't fix, maybe try a clean install.

12. Jakimo macrumors 6502

Agreed.

And for the record, iOS 7 is an amazing beta process in my experiences! These forums here are packed with people that are doing things illegitimately, so...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

13. BillyBobBongo macrumors 68020

BillyBobBongo

I installed the newest IPSW, using iTunes 11.0.4, without encountering any errors. I downloaded the new iTunes just in case, but never had to use it.

14. TrenttonY macrumors 6502a

Can you restore from beta 4 to the latest iOS 6, without the iTunes 11.1 beta on Windows?

15. batting1000 macrumors 604

You should be able to

16. ajiuo macrumors 65816

No! There wouldn't be a windows version. IOS7 Beta is technically for developers only, and since IOS development can only take place on MAC, I doubt apple cares about windows users at this stage :)

17. TrenttonY macrumors 6502a

Can somebody please try a restore to the latest iOS 6 on Windows using beta 4?

18. Gjwilly macrumors 68030

Except for the fact that before there were OTA updates, almost every iOS5 beta had a corresponding iTunes beta that was available for both Mac and Windows.
    :p

19. illyb2000 macrumors 6502

I restored to 6.1.4 using iTunes (windows) but can't go back to iOS 7 as get a 3194 error, tried editing the host files but still same issue, raging too as I loved iOS 7 but restored due to battery issues. Tried updating and restoring to beta 3 and 4 with no joy.