iOS 7 Beta 4 Issue For Me

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by unstates, Aug 26, 2013.

1. unstates macrumors newbie

Not sure if anybody else has experienced but my off brand sync/charge cable no longer works properly. I had to turn off/on my iPhone 5 for it to work and even after plugging the phone in, it didn't start charging right away. Anybody else experience the same issue?

2. freedevil macrumors 6502a

freedevil

You're kidding right? At least update to the newest beta before asking questions.

3. Will2145 macrumors 6502

Will2145

Update to beta 6

4. MinEderPlayz macrumors 6502a

MinEderPlayz

You're kidding right? At least think about reasons he might have before judging him. There might be a reason for him to stay on beta 4; I am on b4 as well (though I presumably have other reasons than him) but I do have reasons and he might as well. The battery life in beta 5 e.g. is horrible! On beta 4, it's like iOS 6 on my iPad: 10 hours.

5. freedevil macrumors 6502a

freedevil

If you run a beta then nitpick about bugs and do not update, you won't get any sympathy from me.

6. Giuly macrumors 68040

Giuly

The only reason I see is that in order to update, you'll need 50% charge on the battery. :rolleyes:

7. ionjohn macrumors 65816

ionjohn

I highly doubt battery life has ever changed since beta 1, you think it has but it hasn't

8. syd430 Guest

If the OP was complaining a bug in the most current beta version, I could probably understand, but complaining about bugs in an OUTDATED beta version is idiotic no matter if you're a developer or user that just wanted to get their hands on iOS 7 early. I don't think it even needs explanation why, just needs a bit of common sense.

9. MinEderPlayz macrumors 6502a

MinEderPlayz

What about this: apple removed all the depth and blur and glass effects in beta 5 for iPad 2/3. It looks awful so I stay on beta 4. Reason enough?

10. BlankStar macrumors regular

Battery life on my iPhone 4S is fine with the latest beta, and if bugs bother you, there's always 6.1.3/4 to go back to...

No love for whiners of old beta's from me either! That's for sure...

11. Giuly macrumors 68040

Giuly

Frankly, no. Beta 4 will expire on September 12th anyways.

12. MinEderPlayz macrumors 6502a

MinEderPlayz

Why not?! That's the reason I'm staying on b4. You certainly don't have an iPad 2/3 because you'd know how awful iOS 7 looks then.

13. Giuly, Aug 27, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2013

Giuly macrumors 68040

Giuly

I do have an iPad 3, and it's so subtle that I hadn't even noticed.

14. HarryAinslie macrumors regular

HarryAinslie

I can't believe someone has paid the developer fee to stay on Beta 4. What a nugget!

15. MinEderPlayz macrumors 6502a

MinEderPlayz

Hmm. Did you ever open control center? Notice how it's plain grey on every background. See how the text is readable through the Safari navigation bar. I think it's disturbing.

16. Giuly macrumors 68040

Giuly

Softening effect applied or not, but are perfectly usable and unobtrusive. You should try it first and then complain, because it's unnoticeable if you're not staring at it.

17. apollo1444 macrumors 65816

Update to the latest beta.

18. msuman macrumors member

At least update to beta 7 before asking these questions.

19. bbfc macrumors 68030

bbfc

Beta 7?

20. shandyman Suspended

Well you're gonna have to lose beta 4 by 12th September or you'll be forced to go onto GM Or back to 6......

21. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

Yes. Folks are reporting issues with third party accessories. I think less so in the later betas.

Typically there are a few reasons for that. The most common seems to be repeated attempts to authenticate something. You can fire up an Xcode console and see if that is happening and resolve it. Not everyone experienced poor battery life in beta 5 so your configuration / console would be the first place to look.

22. shandyman Suspended

Exactly. Battery life has been as good, if not better, than iOS 6 on my iPhone 5, apart from the one time I didn't fully pay attention to release notes and left background app refresh on when notes said to disable due to problems.

People claiming battery life issues need to troubleshoot before complaining, as most will find it's either a problem with an app or some random glitch due to updating, when a restore will sort it.

23. MinEderPlayz, Aug 27, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2013

MinEderPlayz macrumors 6502a

MinEderPlayz

Yes OF COURSE I tried it. But I hate it because it is PLAIN GREY.

Seriously? Are you blind? - I mean, how is this "unnoticeable"?
    Here is a picture.
    See the difference without "staring at it"? - I only put these two pics together, no other photo editing - beta 5 on the left, beta 4 on the right:

Attached Files: