iOS 7 beta 5 - New feature?? Re: When apps hang/freeze/become unresponsive...

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by DDustiNN, Aug 6, 2013.

1. DDustiNN macrumors 65816

DDustiNN

So the weirdest thing just happened to me a few minutes ago...

I was using the Facebook app, when suddenly pictures stopped loading and it began going a bit slow. Then the app became completely unresponsive. Not entirely uncommon, so I planned on using the multitasking tray to kill it and restart it, just like usual, right? Pretty common with that app, it seems.

Well, that did not happen. Instead, the whole app screen zoomed out a bit (so I could see my wallpaper around the edge), similar to what the multitasking tray looks like, except Facebook was the only app on the screen. Then it zoomed back in to nearly the full size, and then the entire window started "wiggling" back and forth in some sort of shaking animation. Then when it was done after a couple seconds, and settled on the screen, Facebook was now restarted and working.

Is this a new feature for when apps hang or freeze? And if so, is it automatic or did I somehow activate it? When the app froze, I sort of shook my phone to the side while pressing Home (and rolling my eyes), so I'm not entirely sure what I did.

I am 100% certain I have never seen that happen. It was pretty awesome.

Also, this doesn't seem to include full crashes (unexpected exits), at least so far. Maybe only freezes?

2. AngerDanger macrumors 68030

AngerDanger

It was probably just a feature activated by the eye-rolling; Apple's subtle implementation of background facial recognition. :p

Perhaps a little bit of Apple-only debug code made it through the release of beta 5. Sounds kind of cool.

3. C DM macrumors Westmere

Sounds more like a (beta) glitch/bug of some sort than anything else.

4. Doublea6 macrumors regular

Doublea6