ios 7 beta 6 Icloud backup problem

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by ds705, Sep 13, 2013.

1. ds705 macrumors member

okay so i restored ios 7 beta 6 but when I was setting up my phone I never got prompted to restore from my icloud backups, thinking something was up I downgraded to ios 6.1.3 and during the setup they asked me if i wanted to restore from my icloud backup. So i updated back to ios 7 beta 6 and once again it didn't ask me to restore from my icloud backup. I can't use itunes to restore because my last backup is from June. What am I doing wrong?

2. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

If you update, there is no need to restore from an iCloud backup because your information transfers over. The only thing that changes is your iOS version.

The only reason/way to restore your iCloud backup is to do a full restore of your phone through iTunes. Then, it will have you set up your phone again and ask if you want to restore from an iCloud backup.

Also, why are you going back to beta 6? The GM is out. Use that or update when it's officially released on Wednesday.

3. ds705 thread starter macrumors member

Ohh, I see what you're saying, so until I'm allowed to do a restore, with a legitimate version I wouldn't be able to use my backup. Yeah I was just planning on waiting until Wednesday to update. Thanks for the help