iOS 7 Beta + iTunes 11.1b44 = NO!

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by psionicsin, Aug 11, 2013.

1. psionicsin macrumors regular

psionicsin

My mom recently got the iPhone 5 after me nagging her to death for having a basic flip phone.

Well anyway she wanted the new iOS 7 beta like me, so I downloaded it and was ready to update her...but iTunes won't let me...

She has a Verizon iPhone 5 (A1429)
    Verizon is CDMA, so we downloaded firmware file "iPhone5,2_7.0_11A4449a_Restore.ipsw"
    I have a Mac with the new iTunes 11.1b44 Beta installed
    Holding Option+Clicking the Check for Update button
    We select the firmware we downloaded
    iTunes says it's extracting
    iTunes then says "This device is ineligible for this upgrade"

It's then that I noticed that it seems to be contacting the Apple servers for verification something that didn't happen previously as I've updated many people lately to iOS 7 who weren't developers. If I turn off my wifi while doing this, I then get a 3004 error.

WTF? I just want to update her and be done!

What is going on?

2. mrapplegate macrumors 68030

3. psionicsin thread starter macrumors regular

psionicsin

No it is not, yet. Mine is.

However I have 4 friends, ranging from iPhone 4-5 that did it JUST yesterday and had no problem at all...and they DON'T have their UDID's registered. They did it with the Hold Shift/Option+Click Update Button trick. Did Apple RECENTLY change something that I'm not aware of last night?

NOTE:
    About an hour ago I registered hers however and am still waiting on UDID confirmation.

----------

Weirdly enough I just tried to fresh install her 6.1.4 before trying this again...and it's giving me the same message for THAT as well. Something is going on here.

4. mrapplegate macrumors 68030

I'm not sure if things have changed. I thought it was required to register.
    What confirmation are you waiting for? You just enter the UDID at the developer site. You don't get a confirmation.

5. batting1000 macrumors 604

Apple's activation servers were done a day or two ago. It's possible they still are.

6. MinEderPlayz macrumors 6502a

MinEderPlayz

7. psionicsin thread starter macrumors regular

psionicsin

Ok now that makes sense because her not even being able to restore to 6.1.4 when she's on that version AND it's a 1 day old phone seemed a little weird to me.

----------

Can't downgrade iTunes on a Mac. Windoze, sure.

However I tried on her Windoze machine, and that too wouldn't allow the update(s) and that one is the current public 11.04.

8. sbailey4 macrumors 68030

sbailey4

Wow 1 day old phone and you already blew it up for her. You should be in timeout until this fall when its released. Why on earth do you think she needs beta software the day after her 1st smartphone ever is beyond comprehension. Just sayin. Now go stand in the corner. We will come get you sometime in September.

9. AnotherBrian macrumors regular

He's not in the developer program, that's we he's updating it that way. Just download the firmware from a different server you probably got a bad download. How do I know, because it happened to me.

10. psionicsin thread starter macrumors regular

psionicsin

I FINALLY found out what to do!

I searched all over the web and apparently people get that error when the Apple update server (gs.apple.com) is getting redirected to somewhere else. I found out where it's being redirected to, and it was some page/place called Cydia.:mad:

I looked it up and it's Jailbreaking software. I have never JB'd my iPhone 5, nor hers (obviously). I've never had JB software on my Mac so how in the F did that even happen?:confused:

So I had to go through and:

1) Quit everything
    2) Flush DNS cache via terminal
    3) Repair Disk Permissions

After that...it worked. We're now both on iOS 7 beta 5. And both our UDID's are registered with a developer account.