iOS 7 beta performance on an iPad 4th generation

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by jonnyb, Jun 30, 2013.

1. jonnyb macrumors 65816

What's performance like on the fourth generation iPad? On my iPad three performance is a little bit laggy but I suspect that's because of a lack of code optimisation in beta 2.

Are iPad 4 users still seeing jumps and stutters in some places? Or is it all smooth?

2. WeegieMac Guest

WeegieMac

Keep in mind, while it's officially beta 2, it's the first iPad beta so performance is nowhere near optimised.

3. jonnyb thread starter macrumors 65816

I did bear that in mind:

I'm still interested to know to what extent that lack of optimisation shows on an iPad 4, or whether the 4’s extra processing grunt makes it less of an issue even at this early stage.

4. WeegieMac Guest

WeegieMac

Well the 4S on beta 1 was laggy when opening/closing apps that were in the dock. In beta 2 they're smooth and fluid. There's no point in talking or asking about how smooth iOS 7 beta's are right now, especially when the iPad has only received it's first beta. I would say by beta 4 we will have a better indication of near final UI performance.

I'm sure iOS 7 will run on iPad 3 as well as it does on the iPhone 4S. Of course, the A6X in the iPad 4 won't harm it's chances of being that little bit smoother and faster on there.

5. cwwilson macrumors 65816

cwwilson

Turn off paralaxing and dynamic wallpapers and it's not too bad.

6. jonnyb thread starter macrumors 65816

Thanks, I did that already. I'm sure subsequent betas will improve things. The leap from beta 1 to 2 on the iPhone 5 was noticeable.