iOS 7 beta ruined my phone

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by jfoley89, Sep 19, 2013.

1. jfoley89 macrumors regular

ok so stupidly i installed iOS 7 on my phone as a beta and i am not a developer, i know i souldnt have but i couldnt wait to have it, now that iOS is fully released i decided to do a clean install, so I restored my iPhone and now i can't install iOS7 the phone wont activate so i cant even get past the introduction screen, is there any way to fix this or have i screwed my phone?

2. DGPMaluco macrumors regular

Is the SIM inserted? Do you have Internet connection?

3. tymaster50 macrumors 68030

tymaster50

put it in DFU mode and restore from iTunes.

This is why people shouldn't use the iOS betas

4. MozMan68 macrumors 68000

MozMan68

...and don't ask what DFU mode is...Google it...

5. jfoley89 thread starter macrumors regular

yes to both questions

----------

i wont be using the beta of anything anymore, i have learnt my lesson thats for sure

6. MozMan68 macrumors 68000

MozMan68

...and did you try an "update" instead of restore? Does that option still come up for you in iTunes? Or as an over the air update on the phone?

7. MaxPayneX macrumors newbie

Next time buy the Developer program or don't do it, hard lessons for children.

8. jfoley89 thread starter macrumors regular

thanks for your help

and thanks to all the negative people, im sure you are perfect and have never made mistakes before

9. wmitch macrumors regular

wmitch

I'm not a developer and I ran the beta on 2 phones starting with beta 2 and didn't have any problems at all.

1 phone I upgraded to the GM release which appears to have the same build # as the public release. Is that right?

The other phone I never got around to putting GM on but had the beta before and when it plugged it into iTunes, the software update showed up perfectly.

Sounds like you just got unlucky OP.

(Although for fear of breaking someone else's stuff I refused to do it for my friends phones. Also some people really aren't savvy enough to even try.)

10. King Bowser macrumors regular

11. darngooddesign macrumors G3

12. GBrooks macrumors member

The activation service is experiencing problems presently, and has been for the past 12 hours or so.

I used my iPhone 5 for development and kept up to date with all the betas except the Golden Master.
    I thought an OTA update would be available for it yesterday as it was released to the public but it turns out, I had to do a clean install and had the same problem you appear to be having. I tried one last time before going to bed last night and it finally activated.

Keep trying to activate, i'm sure it will work eventually, if not already.

13. barnetty macrumors member

Don't panic Apple is getting slammed and there are many people who are waiting to activate the phone.

Even the appstore is crashing every 5 minutes so keep trying