Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lotus8

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 25, 2012
Hey everyone. Havent had this happen to me in the previous 3 betas, so this is new. A few times now when I am about 10-20% battery left, I will watch as the phone screen goes dark, the rotating emblem comes on, and phone goes out. If I hit the power button on top, it acts as if the phone battery is dead with the critical red value in the empty battery icon occurs.

So I plug it in, and after it restarts, it will show exactly where my phone battery percent was when this incident happens. Its happened about 5 times now. No screen color changes or anything else I've seen other reported. I've done the full discharge/recharge cycles as well to see if the battery needed to be 'calibrated' but made no difference. And its not crashing and no apple logo reboots, just mimicing a dead battery response.

Yes, I know "it's a beta!" ;)

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2008
I don't think the battery is calibrated right in beta 4. I've noticed more issues with the battery meter than previous betas. For instance, my phone won't charge more than 99% sometimes, but if I restart it the battery shows 100%. Should be fixed in a future beta I would think.

Might wanna do a full restore without putting a backup on.
This. You need to make sure you're not carrying over the same issues.

tiptopp

macrumors regular
Aug 15, 2008
Norwich, UK
Hey everyone. Havent had this happen to me in the previous 3 betas, so this is new. A few times now when I am about 10-20% battery left, I will watch as the phone screen goes dark, the rotating emblem comes on, and phone goes out. If I hit the power button on top, it acts as if the phone battery is dead with the critical red value in the empty battery icon occurs.

So I plug it in, and after it restarts, it will show exactly where my phone battery percent was when this incident happens. Its happened about 5 times now. No screen color changes or anything else I've seen other reported. I've done the full discharge/recharge cycles as well to see if the battery needed to be 'calibrated' but made no difference. And its not crashing and no apple logo reboots, just mimicing a dead battery response.

Yes, I know "it's a beta!" ;)

Yes - I've had exactly the same issues although more with beta 3 than 4. Weirdly, it also then drained much more quickly when I got it switched back on and disconnected. Anyway, it hasn't happened recently, which may be because I did full restore on 3 the day before 4 came out.

It'll be fixed before September, I'm sure!

Tiptopp

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.