Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pedrofan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 9, 2008
It is impossible to completely zoom out pictures in photos app like in iOS6.

When you open a picture you see a zoomed version, not the full version, in iOS 6 you could zoom out by simply pinching in the picture.
In iOS 7 if you zoom out a picture it closes to the camera roll.
You can see the full version of the picture if you hold it pinched, but you are never able to see the full version leaving it steady.

This is ANNOYING!

iPhone camera sensor isn't as wide as any iphone's display, so you are losing a lot of the image when you display it in photos app.

Jut try it!

Last edited:

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
It is impossible to completely zoom out pictures in photos app like in iOS6.
When you open a picture you see a zoomed version, not the full version, in iOS 6 you could zoom out by simply pinching in the picture. In iOS 7 if you pinch in a picture it closes. You can see the full version of the picture if you hold it pinched, but you are not able to see the full version leaving it steady.

This is ANNOYING!

iPhone camera sensor isn't as wide as any iphone's display, so you are losing a lot of the image when you display it in photos app.

Jut try it!

My friend was telling me about this and I couldn't understand what he was trying to say because I don't have the problem. My pictures are automatically zoomed all the way out when I open it. When I zoom in, then zoom out it just snaps back to normal. If I try to zoom out again it closes the picture.

Have you tried restoring?

pedrofan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 9, 2008
My friend was telling me about this and I couldn't understand what he was trying to say because I don't have the problem. My pictures are automatically zoomed all the way out when I open it. When I zoom in, then zoom out it just snaps back to normal. If I try to zoom out again it closes the picture.

Have you tried restoring?

Yes I have had the same problem with all iOS7 betas, when I installed iOS7 final version I made a clean install and it persists. it may be a problem with iphone 4s iOS 7 version though.

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
Yes I have had the same problem with all iOS7 betas, when I installed iOS7 final version I made a clean install and it persists. it may be a problem with iphone 4s iOS 7 version though.

It is possible that it is a 4S problem. On my 5/5S this never occurred, but my friend is using a 4S.

jonnyb098

macrumors 68040
Nov 16, 2010
Michigan
I too had this problem on my 4s. It's the default for the picture to zoom in to fill the screen on the 4s however the pinch not completely zooms out of the photo instead of letting you see the actual aspect ratio.

It's ONLY a bug on the smaller screen iphone as my new 5s doesn't have this problem at all.

Xeyad

macrumors 6502
Nov 19, 2012
I have an iPhone 4S, and I've encountered this problem too. However, there is a solution for it. When you're viewing the picture, zoom into it to the maximum, then simply zoom out, it'll show you the full picture (not full screen, w/black bars on top and bottom).

antiprotest

macrumors 68040
Apr 19, 2010
I do not have this problem on the iPhone 5 and 5s.

And I like the fact that they added the gesture that was only available on the iPad, so that I can now pinch to close a picture.

pedrofan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 9, 2008
I have an iPhone 4S, and I've encountered this problem too. However, there is a solution for it. When you're viewing the picture, zoom into it to the maximum, then simply zoom out, it'll show you the full picture (not full screen, w/black bars on top and bottom).
Thank you. It works! Not all the times, but it seems to work.
You have to completely zoom in before zooming out to "lock" the picture in full size.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.