iOS 7 Bug List

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by eric3312, Sep 28, 2013.

1. eric3312 macrumors 6502

I think we should have one big thread about the bugs we have personally experienced in iOS 7. This should eliminate the 500 different posts.

1. Random lock up: I went to unlock my phone and it got to the pass code screen but wouldn't let me type anything in. Also, pressing anything else was useless. A force power cycle was required.

2. Multi tasking: sometimes I have seen the app's icon appear in multitasking but not the card above it. I can still swipe it away if I swipe the space where the card WOULD be.

Anyone experience these? Btw I am iPhone 5s on iOS 7.0.2

2. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

Don't experience either of these on my iPad 2 and iPhone 5S both running 7.0.2. iOS 7 on my iPhone 5S has pretty much been flawless, my iPad 2 on the other hand is lagging as can be. I think 7.0.2 is worse for me than Beta 3 was.

3. eric3312 thread starter macrumors 6502

Here is an example of what I was talking about.

Attached Files:

4. jamesarm97 macrumors 65816

I have had this problem since the beta's (no screen shot in task switcher) of some applications.

5. stiligFox macrumors 65816

stiligFox

I've had the same problem with my iPod touch, 7.0. Sometimes it seems to quit the wrong app, and shows the blank tile.

6. eric3312 thread starter macrumors 6502

3. When switching from home screen to multitasking view or vice versa, the wallpaper kind of jolts/moves.

Anyone else notice this?

7. chrf097 macrumors 68040

chrf097

I had the random lockup happen to me once on my iPhone 4S when I was on iOS 5.1.1 but not on any subsequent phones or versions.

The multitasking I've been experiencing from the beta. The only time it happens to me is if I constantly swipe all my open apps really fast and multiple ones.

8. Prophet2271, Sep 28, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2013

Prophet2271 macrumors newbie

iOS7 Wallpaper Move and Scale

Any one else having issues with move and Scale of wallpapers in iOS7?

The following like is a video of how slow or unresponsive it has become with the update.

http://youtu.be/dVR8nC3ycsA

Other than that iOS7 is pretty good.

iPad 3 64GB

9. Orlaam macrumors member

I've had problems with task switcher when killing apps and going back home it'll jump like a crash or glitch in the swap. I kinda think that when killing all apps that the home screen should bounce back without having to hit home either.

Also, autocorrect is screwy and the keyboard lags at times really bad.

Battery life is awful.

Had a couple lock ups for no reason, mainly with Safari.

Animations are too slow (not a bug but personal preference).

Siri is inconsistent with reading back info or displaying content. If you tell it to read back a text you dictated it displays content unavailable or similar message. Odd. It'll work but display strange messages.

More apps CTD than ever on 6. Crash to desktop or close.

Oh, and yesterday I couldn't get the earpiece volume to lower. Never did that in 6 so I don't think it's hardware. It took moving the phone away from my head to look at the screen before it worked.

Overall I like 7 but it really needs some refinement. I also like the clock animation on the home screen but I think we should be able to turn it off. I'm sure it eats battery and it's so small.

10. vmachiel macrumors 68000

You can report bugs at bugreport.apple.com btw:)