iOS 7 Calendar Alert 'Snooze' option?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by bigsexyy81, Sep 13, 2013.

1. bigsexyy81 macrumors 6502a

bigsexyy81

Is there an option to snooze a calendar alert that pops up in iOS 7? If so, what are the time options?
    Thanks!

2. /dev/toaster macrumors 68020

/dev/toaster

When you get a calendar event, it says tap to snooze.

3. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

I'm afraid it's hardcoded to 9min and cannot be changed.

4. bigsexyy81 thread starter macrumors 6502a

bigsexyy81

It's better than nothing! I've been waiting years for a snooze option, so I can't complain.

5. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

the ability to snooze an alarm has been there in iOS 6 as well. Not sure how long you've been waiting :)

6. bigsexyy81 thread starter macrumors 6502a

bigsexyy81

I said calendar alert. Not an alarm.

7. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

oh shoot sorry. I read that wrong.

8. vahighland macrumors member

I can...Only one option for 9 minutes makes this a useless feature. Snoozing 9 minutes is ok for an alarm, but not for a calender alert.

9. C DM macrumors Westmere

For a lot of people this will be fine and certainly better than nothing. For some it might not do much or anything, which is no worse than before when no snooze option was even available.

10. josiahsill macrumors member

josiahsill

On the lockscreen after the calendar alert has sounded you still have the option to snooze it. Just press "snooze" on the lockscreen and the notification goes away and will trigger again after your snooze period.

Attached Files:

11. djrobsd macrumors 6502a

they snuck it in

Apple knew this feature has been on EVERY OTHER Smartphone on the market and not theirs. I don't understand why, the only reason I could think of is that Blackberry actually had a patent on snoozing calendar events, so maybe some sort of licensing fee had to be paid to BB.

Never the less, I am THRILLED to have it there, but they really are getting LAZY at Apple. Usually when apple makes you wait years for a new feature, they do so because they want to implement it "perfectly" as Steve once said during the copy and paste keynote. But this time, they just thew it in there, very sloppily. I hope they come back and make it better, i.e. multiple options, snooze 5 min, 15 min, 30 min, etc... Or have a setting in the settings that sets the default snooze time for calendar events.

12. nheilweil macrumors 6502a

nheilweil

If you're not on the lock screen and you get a calendar alert pop-up, click the "more" then you'll see an option to snooze.

13. vahighland macrumors member

I'm not sure about the patents, but I know Snooze on Calender events has been available for centuries (well, at least since last century) on desktop calendar programs. I can't imagine why the patent would be different for the same feature on smartphones.

Agreed, Apple is becoming lazy. Boy, I know I'm going to get slammed for that statement by the fanboys. Not just because of this, but the last two releases of the iPhone have been lackluster IMHO.

14. TJ61 macrumors 6502a

I wonder if that's printed on a big banner at Apple headquarters.