iOS 7 calendar invite

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Vell843, Jul 15, 2013.

1. Vell843 macrumors regular

Vell843

Is it something I am missing? I am trying to figure out how to send a calendar invite to someone from the ios 7 calendar.

2. BlankStar macrumors regular

when creating a new event it's one of the settings? Just like if it should repeat or not? And all the other normal things you choose?

I get to pick these things when creating a new event; (my iPhone is in Dutch so translated them myself, might be different on your iDevice)

Name
    Start
    End
    Time Zone (if enabled)

Repeat

Invitees

Alarms

Agenda (if multiple are used)

Show as (busy, etc)

URL
    Notes

3. Vell843 thread starter macrumors regular

Vell843

I don't see the invitee option on iOS 7 calendar?

4. BlankStar macrumors regular

What service are you using for the calendar? Is it an iCloud calendar?

5. Vell843 thread starter macrumors regular

Vell843

6. Strang0r macrumors member

Strang0r

I see the invitee option on all 3 of my calendars (Gmail, Exchange & iCloud)
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21374053636.599588.jpg

7. fortheus macrumors regular

The calendar must support exchange (eg: outlook.com) in order for it to work.

Google calendar has this feature when they support google sync for free customer but then they pull that feature. Now you will hate google don't you? :D

note: I move to outlook.com since google pull the google sync feature. Outlook.com (for now) is the only free email provider with exchange feature.

iCloud calendar likely have the invite feature as well but they are not exchange based. I prefer full exchange feature.

8. BlankStar macrumors regular

I use invites to people with outlook from my iCloud-account, always seems to work nicely. Don't know much about those protocols though. :)

9. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

No. CalDAV to Google Calendars is open source and works fine for sending/receiving calendar invites.

10. fortheus macrumors regular

We're talking about responding invites from built in calendar app. It doesn't work as per iOS6. If you said it works for iOS7, please attach screenshot so it doesn't mislead the OP

11. Menel, Jul 22, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2013

Menel macrumors 603

Menel

ios6 worked.

ios7 also works. Quick test from my corporate Outlook, to my GMail, accepted from iOS7.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. fortheus macrumors regular

Thanks Menel. Did you setup google active sync before?

13. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

I did long ago, but since had to warranty iPhone, so no devices on Goog ActiveSync.

14. peanuts12345 macrumors newbie

outlook calender

hi Guys

add appointment via outlook to iphone

Cant use the cloud as my PC software is sooo old + PC same

i could do this on io6

what i did was put an appointment in outlook and invite via email (email address was on my iphone)

then open email with the attachment mime-attachments.ics and jobs a good one

now i do the same but wont open the attachement??

15. lenc macrumors newbie

iOS 7 Calendar Invitee

Can't seem to do a simply invite from event on iOS 7. It was simple on iOS 6. In 7 it wants me to do an email and doesn't automatically put in the event information unless I am missing something. HELP !!!! Am using iphone for this

16. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

Tap the event in Calendar
    Tap Edit
    Tap Invitees
    Enter email addresss

17. Hh2020 macrumors newbie

I have all my accounts' contacts set to green, but Invite is still not working. Is there another fix?

18. Blippitydar macrumors newbie

I'm having similar issue. If you open your event to edit, there's an "invitees" line on the same edit screen where you would enter your other event details such as time, location etc. Tap that and it opens a new email prompting you to 'add invitees'. Only thing is, mine opens and let's me add from my contacts who I want to invite, but the mail message it opens give no detail of the event and no option to 'send'. Once I add the invitees, I hit a dead end - I can't figure out how to send it!

19. Winona Northdakota macrumors 6502a

There is no send button. Once you have added the contacts you want, back out of edit and select done. Your contacts are auto notified.

20. Blippitydar macrumors newbie

thanks

Ok thanks - I was getting no confirmation or indication that the invite was mailing out, so I CC'd myself on the invite, and when I didn't receive the cc'd invitation in my mail inbox, I assumed it wasn't going out at all. What's actually happening, it appears, is that the iPhone won't let you cc yourself, or "invite" yourself, to your own event.

21. Winona Northdakota, Aug 22, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2014

Winona Northdakota macrumors 6502a

iOS 7 calendar invite

Exactly so. Because, the email address you used to cc yourself on the invite, also happened to be associated with the contact entry selected as the owner of the phone. If you use a different personal email not associated with your iPhone owner contact entry in the address book, it would work.

22. SpikeDzu macrumors newbie

No inivite field

Hi, i experience the same problem - I see no invite field in iOS calendar (see the screenshot below). I use Google Exchange account as calendar. Does anyone know how to fix this?

[​IMG]