ios 7 calendar notifications disappearing

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Hapohead, Oct 27, 2013.

1. Hapohead macrumors newbie

Shouldn't a missed calendar alert stay in the "All" section of the notification center in ios 7 until I do something with it? What is happening is that if I miss a calendar alert, it only stays on "All" and "Missed" for 1 hour (the duration of the calendared event). What is the point of this if I come back to my phone after a few hours and have nothing in my "All" section? How am I supposed to know that I missed an alert (other than simply checking my calendar, which kind of defeats the purpose of notification alerts in the first place). I keep reading that the "All" section is just like the old notification center. But I seem to recall that every time I missed alerts in the past they would stay on the notification page indefinitely until I address them. Any thoughts? Or is this the way it is supposed to work. Thank you very much.

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

Yeah, that is definitely one strange inconsistency when it comes to alerts. But seeing that they kind of messed up calendar events in general in the notification center, it's not surprising unfortunately.

3. charlituna macrumors G3

charlituna

Given that the event in question is over why have it in your notifications would seem to be the logic to removing it. It's over, done etc. Remember Apple is not intending calendar to be for reminders to things to do. They made an app for that.

4. Hapohead thread starter macrumors newbie

I can see why this would make sense given that there is a reminder app. The only reason I ask is that ios 6 kept missed calendar events in the notification page until you addressed them. I actually liked that feature and was wondering if Apple did away with this or if i was doing something wrong.

5. C DM macrumors Westmere

Why wouldn't you want to know you missed an event? Perhaps it was something important you somehow forgot or you didn't realize it was on that particular day and didn't check your phone until a few hours later--would it make more sense for you to see that you missed it and dismiss the notification yourself like you can with every other notification or is it somehow a better or more useful user experience to completely not see that notification and not even realize you missed an event until who knows when?

6. Hapohead thread starter macrumors newbie

Exactly. Although I tend to use the calendar for "reminders" that might better be placed in the reminders app, I have completely missed calendar events and didn't even know I missed them. Everyone keeps saying that this new notification center is better than before because of the "Today" and "Missed" tabs, but what good is the "All" tab (the one that supposedly is the same as ios 6) if it really doesn't show ALL of your notifications?