iOS 7 Call Answering Screen

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by sird28, Jul 15, 2013.

1. sird28 macrumors member

Anyone notice how some contacts come up with a full screen picture and slide to answer, while others have a tiny round picture in the upper right hand corner and the answer buttons are flat icons.

What causes the difference? I like the ones with the full screen contact picture so just trying to figure this out.

Thanks,

2. batting1000 macrumors 604

If you're using the phone, you get a decline and answer button. If the phone is locked, you get a slide to answer bar and a small slider which you slide up for decline options (reply with text, set reminder to call back, etc). It's the same as iOS 6.

3. sird28 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the information appreciate the quick response. Guess I never noticed it on ios 6.

4. C DM macrumors Sandy Bridge

There's no slider for decline or other options in in locked state in iOS 7--you simply get the reply with text and set reminder buttons right above the slide to answer (and there's no decline anymore in that state).

As far as contact photos, from what I recall, there's a different as to where the photos come from or were set--if you set them on your phone or through a few other means, they will usually show up small, while if you add them through contacts on your computer and sync then they will typically show up as full screen photos for contacts.

5. PedCrossing macrumors 6502

PedCrossing

I believe it depends on how the contact picture was set.

In iOS6, if you set the picture right in the contact page, where there will be a Move and Scale page when setting, the picture will be full screen when he or she is calling. Yet there's another way, you could copy the picture from the phone's album, and paste it in the edit contact page, the picture will show up small.

The same applies to iOS7, I've tested on my iPhone:cool: