iOS 7 control panel is hard to bring up

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by MacAir47, Sep 18, 2013.

1. MacAir47 macrumors newbie

I just downloaded the new iOS 7 today, and I am having a hard time in bringing up the new control center. I was able to bring it up once or twice, but it is not easy to do so. Is there a simpler way to do this? My fingers are getting irritated to bring up this new feature.

David

2. Sirious macrumors 65816

Sirious

It not hard at all. Start your swipe from below the screen and drag it up.

3. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

Start swiping from below the screen.

4. Curun macrumors 6502

Curun

Do you have a ginormous otterbox or lifeproof that covers the home button?

5. aka777 macrumors 6502a

Those cases are are absolutely laughable.

Buy a thin and light smartphone, only to wrap it around a tank like case.

6. AppleRobert macrumors 603

I can bring it up but heck if I know what is what on it. LOL, this will take some time to learn things but already to me iOS 7 blows away 6.

7. MacAir47 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, I do have an Otterbox on my iPhone 5 that could be the culprit. I am trying to take off the Otterbox to see if I can bring up this feature. It's rather annoying that I have to do that in order to use the new Control Center.

8. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

My kids and the times I've dropped my phone disagree with you. I've put a case on every cell phone I've owned. "Take better care of my phone". Whatever. Life happens. Tell Apple. Phones aren't brick chickenhouses any more like the Treo 750. Or maybe I'll go back to my first cell phone which was in a bag with a shoulder strap. European Carry-all.

9. cyb204 macrumors newbie

I wouldn't call them laughable. Some people need a case like that due to work, etc.

10. andrunious macrumors member

yes...i did because i didnt have it in a case before and destroyed it...

11. darngooddesign macrumors G3

Those cases are perfectly valid. I predict they will have a new case with a little more space at the top and bottom.

OP. Command Center shouldn't be any harder to pull up than Notification Center is to pull down.

12. stefanie7055 macrumors newbie

stefanie7055

I have the Otterbox "Commuter" case, and love it - it's relatively thin, adds little bulk to the phone, doesn't come close to covering up the screen, isn't 'rubbery' like some (slide in/out of pockets easily, doesn't collect dust/lint), yet does its job perfectly.
    I'm always on the road with work and my phone has dropped a number of times while loading gear especially, and still doesn't have its first scratch.
    Otterbox Commuter case is the way to go :D

13. kfergiez macrumors 6502

kfergiez

While I don't necessarily disagree with you... I refuse to let my kids TOUCH my phone. Solves that problem. They have their own toys, and they don't cost that much money.