iOS 7 crashes

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by delphus, Oct 31, 2013.

1. delphus macrumors newbie

delphus

Hi folks

Yesterday I was listening to music when I decided to delete an entire album within the music app for my surprise there is no option for that. Ok then I got into the album list and stated to delete one by one and then the app crashed. So I got back to the app to delete the rest and it crashed again. And again and again. iPhone 5 iOS 7.0.2 here.
    Can anyone confirm it ? Since last update my phone is crashing a lot.
    Cheers

2. njharris97 macrumors member

Possible Fix

Here are a couple of things to try:

First quit the app in question by double tapping the home button, and sliding up on the relevant app.

Second force reboot your iDevice, this is done by holding down the lock button and the home button, until you see the Apple Logo (ignoring anything else that appears on the iPhone screen).

Thirdly and finally, (This may seem a bit drastic, but there is method to my madness), just backup and restore your iDevice. This should solve your problem because it physically wipes the entire Operating System, and reinstalls it, so any little bugs in your prior install of the OS will be erased too. If you then decide to restore from the backup, this may have a chance of reinstalling the bug, but it is not likely.

Hope that helps, Nick Harris.

3. Altis macrumors 68000

Just to add to Nick's post, you may find a restore will help even more because it will update you to 7.0.3.

Although it didn't address this bug, and the music app thread around here still says it isn't fixed... It might fix other things, while a restore could fix your bug.