iOS 7 create calendar event from mail (no links info in the email)...

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by TheZjooj, Oct 17, 2013.

1. TheZjooj macrumors newbie

Hi all,

Just joined so I could ask this question to see if it is possible to do...
    Is it possible to create a calendar (or even task/reminder) event from within an email that does not contain a date or linking info in the email itself?...

So far I have been able to do this as long as the email has a linkable date or words like "lunch tomorrow" in it somewhere but there are often emails that I would like to throw in my calendar or reminders that dont have that info in them. Sure, I could tell people "make sure you put a date in the email somewhere for me" but that's a bit unprofessional sounding to me...on top of that some of these people would be like "the heck with you buddy"...

So is it possible to create a calendar (or even task/reminder) event from within an email (without a date or linking info in the email)?

Thanks,

Zjooj

2. Mikeallen7 macrumors newbie

Me too. I can't believe this is not an issue for lots of people!

3. C DM macrumors Westmere

The best you can do is probably just copy the information you need from the email, go to the calendar app or reminders app and create an item there and paste the information in.

4. TheZjooj thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks a ton for both of your replies...

Awe bummer... I was really hoping that apple would allow developers to create apps that would offer a "create calendar event" in them from the native mail app. I saw some out there. That might do the job but I have to use their mail app instead of native iphone mail app.

Blackberry had it and it was real nice...

I have been copying and pasting the data ( apologies that I didn't mention it already) but a quick tap or two to use all the data from an email and event title from the email subject line would be pretty stinking cool.

Anyone else by chance ever seen anything like this for the native mail app?

Regards,

Zjooj