iOS 7 detailed Guide: where !?!

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Max(IT), Sep 29, 2013.

1. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

Hi, do you know where I can find a detailed guide about all of the settings of iOS 7 ?
    I'm trying to tweak the system to optimize performance and battery life, but I don't really trust the "how to" guides I can find on the net, which most of the time just say "disable this, this and this" without explaining (and maybe without really knowing !) what they are doing.
    I would like to have a guide where every single setting is explained so I can decide by myself what I need and what I don't.
    Just an example: most of the web sites suggest to disable background app refresh.
    Ok, but doing that what I'm really disabling ? What kind of "refresh" I'm switching off ? How that will change the behavior of my iPhone ? Which apps will be influenced and how ?
    This is just an example ...

Thank you.

2. Virginaustralia macrumors regular

Youtube videos will help but personally i didnt need anything like that

Background refresh is basically something that lets things like Facebook take chances to see if there is anything going on that it needs to notify you about.It uses a bit of battery coz of network connectivity

3. John T macrumors 68020

John T

"The iPhone User Guide for iOS 7 Software" will answer your queries.

4. Max(IT) thread starter Suspended

Max(IT)

It's a little bit too basic for my needs ... I was looking for something more advanced, but thank you.

----------

Facebook is working also with background refresh switched to off .... This is what I don't understand ...