iOS 7 Disappearing Folder

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by gslrider, Apr 27, 2014.

1. gslrider, Apr 27, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2014

gslrider macrumors 6502

gslrider

I've read quite a number of complaints about this bug in iOS 7.x, but no solutions. And it's quite annoying.

The issue...whenever you want to move an app to a folder on a screen that is already full, the bottom right app/folder disappears. It doesn't get deleted, and it doesn't move over to the next page, it just disappears. It comes back once you have placed the app your moving to a specific folder.

Not really a problem, until the folder you want to move the app to happens to be the one at the bottom right. Your SOL. In order to be able to access that folder, you have to first move that folder away from the bottom right location, then move the app to it. But then you would have to keep doing this for any full screen with a folder you want to access, that's placed on the bottom right.

Anyone know of a fix to this? Hell, I've never jailbroken any of my iPhones, but if I have to make it more user friendly and stable, I'd be willing to.

2. Apple blogger macrumors 6502a

Aaah I get your problem... Tried it on my own... What happens here that the app which u want to keep on the screen can't fit so the last app shifts to the next screen.. When u shift to the next screen, the app which shifted, goes back on the first screen, u might think it disappeared.. But it hasn't.. I mean it's logical only.. When u have an app held on a position between 2 apps, and the screen is full, to make space they shift 1 spot right.. While the last app as I said, goes on the next page...

Edit: .. Oh ya!!! It disappears ! I mean always it used to be there when we go on another page while holding the app but now it just goes... Bro that's a very deep observation.. So I think u are a long time ios user and u already knew what I said above :p

It might be very difficult to convey this in my bug report to apple ... Can u frame a good bug report??#

3. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

A quirk for sure, but hardly a severe problem unless you spend your days constantly moving apps around. I would say that there are plenty of more important issues I need Apple to sort out in iOS7...

4. gslrider thread starter macrumors 6502

gslrider

Wonder if you can send in a video instead. lol Yes, been using the iPhone since 3G. IMO, stability and least amount of glitches, keyboard responsiveness, and battery life was best under iOS 3.x. Since iOS 4.x, it just got worse. Sure they added all these cool new features, but the reliability of it wasn't as good anymore. This is my experience, and for those that say they've never had any issues that drove them up the wall, luck you. Wish I had their experience.

5. gslrider thread starter macrumors 6502

gslrider

No, not a huge issues, but an issue that's been going on since iOS 7. Everytime Apple comes up with a new iOS, there are new bugs introduced. Like they do it on purpose to keep us on our toes. It may not seem like an issue worth addressing, but that's you. I didn't spend almost a grand on a phone to deal with all this crap. If I had a choice, I would have stuck with my 4S, but it slowed down after iOS 7.

And if what you say is true, "hardly a severe problem", then it shouldn't be an issue for Apple to fix, shouldn't it. This is a known issue. It just hasn't been fixed. 4 updates and nothing. Even the last update states they fixed battery issues. My battery drain is faster now. I didn't even want to update to the latest version, but Apple keeps pushing updates to my phone. Even though I disabled that feature. So I either lose over a gig of space and deal with an annoying badge, or update. So I updated. Wrong move.

As I've said before, Apple had this reputation for being very user friendly. Now I have to find workarounds to glitches in their software.

6. Apple blogger macrumors 6502a

U can send a video... U need a link to a video nothing else

7. C DM macrumors Westmere

What OS doesn't have bugs, especially little ones?

8. Apple blogger macrumors 6502a

I found a bug with the same app position.. When u have an app on the last line and it's position is last, drag an app from the dock or any other page(not from the same screen) on that last app, until it becomes a folder. Don't leave the app ur holding. Now drag that app out of the folder.. U will see the folder opens on the next page instead of the original page.. That's really bad

Update: it doesn't matter if u leave your app which u are holding and u place it in the folder.. If u have an existing folder, place it in the spot, and remove an from it.. The bug will still occur, I.e it will shift to the next page..