iPhone iOS 7 drains battery too fast on 4S

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by yeef, Sep 18, 2013.

1. yeef macrumors newbie

yeef

I did a clean install of iOS 7 on my 4S and barely installed any apps.

I have just been using iMessage via Wifi for a while and I realized that the battery was drained way too fast. The battery life was very nice when I was using iOS 6.

Other than batter life problem, everything seems fine so far. My 4S is not slow at all like what I expected.

Does anybody also have battery life problem when using iOS 7 on 4S?

2. tygrubb macrumors regular

Not saying this is the issue and you may already be taking this into account....with a clean install the battery meter will have to go through a complete charge/discharge/charge cycle to re-calibrate. Until that happens, it may look like you have less juice than you actually do.

And it could be a genuine big. I've ran iOS7 since Beta 1 on my 4S and haven't experienced any battery weirdness, either with OTAs during the betas or clean install of public release. The only weird thing I've noticed is that my battery gets hot while charging, and I wonder is that is more of an aging battery issue.

3. The real Joemam macrumors newbie

Battery drain

I upgraded my 4s. On stand by my phone goes completely dead from a full charge in less than 5 hours on stand by. I turned off everything I could but no help, it still went from 35% to dead and off in one hour with out being used.

4. wackymacky macrumors 68000

wackymacky

It seems that users are having a rather variable experience. I've installed it on a 5, a 4s and a Touch. No issues with battery or keyboard lag on the 4s. Safari seems slightly slower loading pages on the 4s, and occasionally there is about 1/4 sec jutter with the springboard anamation, but that's it.

5. d3v1l.cr0 macrumors member

This is true. My battery keeps improving daily. I've installed iOS7 on the same day it became available and managed only 4 hours of usage, but currently after a couple of full charges my usage time is 1 hour and 24 minutes (plus almost 4 hours of stand by) and still have 88% of battery left so I'd say it's a pretty big improvement. And also I've had the 4S since launch day so my battery isn't the healthiest around but it's still holding up I guess. Just needs to be calibrated and taken care off properly.

6. Count Blah macrumors 68030

Count Blah

Seems that at this point, I have to hope for intelligent calibration. My battery life in the 4s is horrible compared to iOS 6. While in active use, the artery drainf twice as fast as normal. Standby seems to be taking a 50% hi as wel.

And yes, I have turned off everything imaginable in the background.

7. HE15MAN macrumors 6502a

HE15MAN

Let it die all the way, keep it off for 5-10, then do a full recharge

8. Richardgm macrumors 6502a

Richardgm

I can't possibly get though the day on one charge if Location Services & Cellular Data were on.