iOS 7 drastically cut down my iOS wishlist

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by ajvizzgamer101, Jun 16, 2013.

1. ajvizzgamer101, Jun 16, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2013

ajvizzgamer101 macrumors 65816

Bold text means that item made it into iOS 7.

Main Pillars

Home screen: Scrollable folders; Landscape mode (iPhone)

Notifications/Lock Screen: Swipe left to dismiss; Improved UI; Third Party Widgets (Widgets are included with Apps, if you download an app the Widget comes with it. You can turn it on/off in settings)

Mission Control/Settings: Quick Toggles; Quick Settings, View open apps

Siri: Offline Siri; More search results; Expanded Siri API

Keyboard: Apple implements something like Flesky

Apps

Notes: Add pictures to notes

Calculator: Graphing calculator

Weather: Severe weather alerts; Less Widgety look

Camera: Timer; Filters

Safari: Unified search bar; Add-On Support; iCloud Passwords.

Maps: Add compass to the maps app; Add bus routes and walking directions; Ability to save routes for a trip; Foursquare Intergration

iFind: Find my phone and Find my friend merged into one app

Passbook: Add to Passbook with out apps; Add Credit Cards

iStore: One store for Movies, Music, Shows, Apps, Games, Books, & Magazines; Automatic updates; Wish list functionality

Music: Up-next; iRadio

Videos: Watch Movies/Shows via iCloud

Photos: Better organization; Editing Tools

FaceTime: Multi-person FaceTime, FaceTime with Android & Windows Phone users; Standalone App

Newsstand: Can be placed in folder

Plus Jony Ives redoing the entire UI of every app

2. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

I thought this could already be done. You can get passbook items by email or from websites. It's just that nobody is offering this yet.

3. bbfc macrumors 68030

bbfc

I'm sure you can do this? I think I've done it in the past. Can't remember what for though.

4. james1758 macrumors regular

james1758

I still wish they implemented a 5 icon dock, like you can do on JB iPhones. Its one of the few things I actually miss from my JB iPhone

5. ajvizzgamer101 thread starter macrumors 65816

I guess you can. And they even added a Scan Code button now. :cool: Checking it off list!

6. mjpearce023 macrumors 6502

There is still a problem with organization of photos. You still can't copy a photo to a folder and then delete it from the camera roll. That's one thing I was really hoping would be in iOS 7 and hopefully it will be before the final version. Other than that I can't think of too much iOS 7 doesn't have that I want.

7. WhackyNinja macrumors 68000

WhackyNinja

8. Vetvito macrumors 6502a

What third party widgets or am I misinterpreting what you think a widget is?

9. Zac7 macrumors 6502a

I think the op is listing all his iOS wishes and bold items are ones that made it to iOS 7. The third party widget is just on his wish list.

10. Vetvito macrumors 6502a

Thank you. I'm using Tapatalk, and all characters are same. Sorry for sounding crazy.

11. ErikGrim macrumors 68040

ErikGrim

Not true, most major ticket vendors in Australia offers Passbook tickets from an e-mail link.

12. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Good to hear. Haven't seen any major vendors doing that yet in the US.

13. ErikGrim macrumors 68040

ErikGrim

Ex:

Attached Files:

14. myawn macrumors member

myawn

Customizable folder icons, please!

I have wanted customizable folder icons ever since folders were introduced.

Since the App Store has categories, it would be nice if you had the option to use a category icon (Sports, Movies, Books, Games) instead of the tiny app icons in a box -- which I hate. Or alternately let me pick one representative icon to use for the folder icon, and just stick on a small folder tab to indicate it's a folder and not just the single app.

I have one screen with 13 folders on it ... it's just a bunch of grey blobs with splashes of color. I end up reading the labels to know which folder is which, as the icon is (IMHO) indistinguishable from one folder to the next, at least to my old eyes.

15. jaycarroll macrumors regular

Do yourself a favor and try to use spotlight for app launching. I assume you are an OS X user, presumably you've used app launchers before. (Quicksilver, Alfred) Spotlight in iOS is a similar experience.

16. charlituna macrumors G3

charlituna

I agree with this to a point. find my iThing is handy as a standalone that a buddy can use etc.

But find my friend I wouldn't mind seeing as perhaps an overlay of the Maps app. I think it would be an interesting and perhaps more useful spin on the game if folks could create plug ins that could add data on top of the maps app. Bus routes, POI, store locations etc. find my friends could perhaps be one of those with a settings panel handling the rest of the duties.

17. Megakazbek macrumors regular

I thought a bit about what I want in iOS, and I think it would be really great to have custom widgets in notification center panel. Not just for displaying stuff, but for doing stuff too. Imagine, for example, that from any app, any time, you can just pull down a panel and do a quick google search? Or set up a reminder? Or make a note? I think it would be the most awesome feature ever.

18. YeahBuddy macrumors regular

If you double tap the "current location" icon in maps, you'll get a mini compass and you can see which way you're facing on the map. This was a feature in iOS 6 as well.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

19. maxosx macrumors 68020

A wish list for Apple is useless.

Just take what they release. No disappointments that way. Just accept Apples closed system & dictatorial ways. Remember there's other choices out there to round out ones tools for various uses.

20. jmantn macrumors 6502

I did a quick google search for how to submit a feature to apple and included many of your ideas along with a few of my own at apples suggestion site.

Apple.com/feedback/iPhone.html

21. BlankStar macrumors regular

Kinepolis Group, a chain of movie theatres here in Belgium, send their movie tickets via mail. Just open the attachement and passbook will open with the ticket inside...

22. Krissypantz2828 macrumors 6502a

Krissypantz2828

How about the fact that they didnt integrate repeat missed calls alert! That is one feature I miss with the android. I love apple but its a pain to have to swipe notifications just to see a call that you missed

23. C DM macrumors Westmere

Never understood why they couldn't have a basic phone option like that...and still don't to this day.

24. Krissypantz2828, Jun 18, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2013

Krissypantz2828 macrumors 6502a

Krissypantz2828

Agree! Its pretty bad I had to download Amego on my mac and growl to get missed calls sent to my laptop! That is the only way to conveniently get missed calls without going through the process of checking on my phone! Some people think Im a little obsessive for doing that, but so be it! :)

25. ajvizzgamer101 thread starter macrumors 65816

Really, because this is the iOS I have been dreaming they would make for a long while.