iPad iOS 7 - Err how do I know what films in preview?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Jimrod, Sep 19, 2013.

1. Jimrod macrumors 6502a

I've got around 50 films on the iPad, now iOS7 decides all I need to see is a preview window rather than a name so I can only see dozens of film company logos and no idea what the films are. Any way to change this? :\

2. Reddkryten macrumors 6502

I had he same problem. When I first installed ios7 I could only see a generic film logo. However after about half an hour the artwork popped up. I may have also restarted my ipad.

3. Jimrod thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ahh, I'm not sure that will help though as these aren't iTunes films but MP4 files which annoyingly get put in as "Home Videos", this is the kind of thing that Android users laugh at with simple drag and drop storage. These films used to show up with the title underneath the preview, without that there's no way of knowing what they are. :(

4. The-Pro macrumors 65816

if you go to the videos, which are "home videos" in itunes, right click on them and press get info. You can change what they are. You can set them as Movies.
    I recommend selecting all home videos, pressing cmd-i (get info shortcut) and changing them all at once. Saves you some time.
    Under the get info window, make sure its only from one file, click the Artwork tab. You can drag and drop an artwork which will be displayed instead of a freeze frame from the start of the movie. Looks much better aswell when you have artworks.
    type the title of the movie followed by "cover" into google images. Select an image that is somewhere between 400x600 - 1000x1500 pixels. That gives the best results.

By the way, on the ios 7 on iphone, I have the artwork aswell as title displayed :D

5. Jimrod, Sep 19, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2013

Jimrod thread starter macrumors 6502a

Awesome, cheers for the info, I'll give it a go!*

*and of course now all my film titles have typically appeared... This system is flakey to say the least.

6. David-J-L macrumors newbie

Great tip from 'The-Pro'

Thanks, this fixed an annoying IOS7 idiosyncrasy for me!