iOS 7: Everything is new, with good and bad

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Apple blogger, Jun 11, 2013.

1. Apple blogger macrumors 6502a

When apple first showed the video , the first look of the lock screen looked like windows and android combined, just a little better.. Then into the home screen, the first look made me go "yuck".. The safari icon looks the worst .. None of the icons go along(if u look at individual icons they are brilliant but not together).. But as they showed the 3D effect(which I always wanted), wow just amazing !!!!

iOS 7 is a nifty upgrade... Some elements are good, some don't feel like they are made by apple ill be pointing out my view and you all can throw in your..

The good..
    If anyone had noticed , apple has allowed moving wallpapers in iOS 7 , when they have us the demo video , the circles behind were moving .. So that's a good upgrade
    The translucent effect is just amazing! It feels great, it looks great,control Center , notification Center looks awesome ...
    The 3D effect on the home screen is damn good..
    Maps also got a good upgrade
    The new Siri is also good .. The old and the new look are good in their own ways.
    iTunes radio is good
    The weather app is the best out of all ..when the showed the lightning .. It was definately an "oooh" moment..
    Animations of the safari tabs is awesome ...
    Air drop is good (I've never used a Mac so I don't know about it.

The bad ..
    Siri's voice is changed! the male voice is good and female is not good
    They took away their slide to unlock bar! Now it's like android and windows , slide anywhere ...
    The took away the mirror effect on the home screen!!
    They took away COVER FLOW!!!!! That's the worst thing they could do!!!
    The icons on the home screen don't go together
    Message app has a little space when we chat.
    The photos app is a little confusing .. There are buttons everywhere ..

The iOS 7 according to me , has been made on a white iPhone , they forgot that they had a black one also.. This look will only suit the white iPhone.. There is so much white colour in it , it looks bad on the black iPhone ..

Over all the iOS has a good look .. The translucent and and 3D effect have upgraded the way we use our phone ..
    What are your views?

2. rmwebs macrumors 68040

On siri - is it just me or are the voices very muffled now :confused:

3. adiazrael macrumors newbie

4. Stuke00 macrumors 68000

What is so great about cover flow? I hate it. I want a landscape music player with controls.

5. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Pull up control center, tap AirPlay, tap Apple TV, turn mirroring on.

6. Simplicated macrumors 65816

Simplicated

1. Have you tried out the new voices...?
    2. The slide to unlock bar was nice to have, but not a must have.
    3. How is the mirror effect important?
    4. Cover Flow... I agree. It should have stayed.
    5. Icons don't have to be consistent. Look at OS X. The one thing they kept consistent with the icons is that they adopted a grid system, which revolves around the idea of Golden Ratio. It takes a bit of getting used to, now it has grown on me and I think it looks better than iOS 6.
    6. Don't even get what you mean...
    7. It's just the same as the old Photos app...

Looks great on my black iPhone.

I love the translucency. I love the parallax. They are not important, but they are indeed gorgeous.

7. adiazrael macrumors newbie

I don't have airplay icon? Do I need to active it somehow or does it show up only when AppleTv is ON?

8. kmj2318 macrumors 68000

kmj2318

I for one really like the icons. I think they look good on they're own, and theyre more consistent now than ever. I don't get why people say they're so inconsistent. They're are consistent while still be distinctive, the best combination for icons.

9. nalk7 macrumors regular

Coverflow is still there, just a lot less tackier than before.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372435110.844825.jpg

10. sb22 macrumors 6502

sb22

Im at work (no Apple TV) and checked my dock - the airplay option has gone. It appears when I am at home for sure.

11. adiazrael macrumors newbie

Ok thanks! I just tried at work couldn't activate it....I guess it senses that AppleTv is on wifi router access list?

12. ri0ku macrumors 6502a

No offense but op you sound like a kid. You give no explanation as to why things are "good"

You just list things off and say its good. Very detailed...:rolleyes:

13. Will2145 macrumors 6502

Will2145

Siri is still in development beta... Should sound more human in final release. I personally liked having the cover flow. As for photos, it's just the same as before.. Just added more features.

I really enjoy it on my black iPhone but using private mode on Safari for a darker theme as white doesn't really fit the black

14. 6825924 Suspended

All the voices are very muffled

15. NATO macrumors 68000

NATO

Thank <$DEITY>!

I was starting to think there was something wrong with my installation, the voice sounds awful now! It's like it's coming at you through a pillow.

16. coolio93 macrumors 6502

It will take about 3-4 days before Siri will automatically download updates to its new voice data from Apple servers and will then stop sounding muffled. It used to be like this on clean installs of iOS 6 as well.